These delicious no bake monster cookie balls are the perfect protein packed snack that you can make in minutes!
These monster cookie energy balls are delicious!
These no bake monster cookie oatmeal energy balls are made with just 6 easy ingredients and taste like a monster cookie!
Just about every week in our house we make a batch of protein balls to keep in the freezer for a quick snack or dessert and this is one of our favorite recipes.
They are my latest obsession and make an easy and tasty mid afternoon snack when you need an energy boost.
Made with just a handful of basic pantry ingredients, this easy snack can be made in minutes and placed in the refrigerator to enjoy later! A quicker and alternative when you are craving the taste of a monster cookie bar.
Mini m&m’s are perfect for these cute little monster energy balls! You can use regular size if you want, but I find the mini ones to be the perfect size for the energy balls.
Ingredients to make monster cookie protein balls
- Protein Powder – I used vanilla protein powder for this recipe.
- Honey – the sticky sweetener needed to help it all stick together.
- Creamy no stir peanut butter – you can use crunchy too, either will work.
- Rolled oats (old fashioned oats) – great for giving these the “monster cookie” taste and chewiness!
- mini chocolate chips
- mini m&m’s
How to make the energy balls
Step 1: Add all of your ingredients to a mixing bowl together. Use a spoon or rubber spatula to mix it all together. This will take several minutes, as the batter is thick and sticky.
Be sure to mix it well so that all of the ingredients are distributed evenly.
Once you have mixed the batter, it should look like the picture below. The batter looks like cookie dough! It should be dry enough that it will not stick much to your hands.
Step 2: Line a baking sheet with wax paper. This will make cleanup super easy. My favorite way to get the right size of a scoop is to use a mini cookie scoop. If you do not have one, just drop the batter by spoonfuls onto the wax paper.
Step 3: Roll each ball between your hands to make the shape.
Step 4: Once all of the monster cookie energy balls are rolled up, place the baking sheet in the fridge until they are chilled, around an hour. After they have chilled, transfer them to an airtight container or ziploc bag.
How to store
In the refrigerator: Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
In the freezer: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months.
My personal favorite way to store energy balls is in the freezer so that I have a quick snack on hand when I need it.
And there you have it! These energy balls are great for an afternoon pick-me-up, or a fast treat when you are craving something sweet.
Each protein ball has 4g of protein in it! And what could be better than energy balls that taste like cookies?!
Speaking of which, if you love protein packed treats that taste like dessert, you have got to try these protein peanut butter cups!
More protein recipes we love
- Chocolate Protein Balls
- Protein Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Protein Bars
- No Bake Protein Bars
- Cookies & Cream Protein Balls
- Chocolate Cashew Protein Bars
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 cup creamy no stir peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 ¼ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini m&m's
- Add the peanut butter, honey, vanilla protein powder, rolled oats, mini chocolate chips, and mini m&m's to a large mixing bowl
- Use a spoon or rubber spatula to mix until the batter is well combined
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper
- Use a mini cookie scoop or drop balls by spoonfuls onto the wax paper
- Use your hands to roll them into balls
- Place in the fridge until firm, around an hour
- Store in the freezer in an airtight container or ziploc bag
Nutrition Information:Yield: 26 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 4g