These easy homemade chocolate protein bars are made with simple wholesome ingredients and taste delicious!
These chocolate protein bars are so delicious and full of protein and healthy fats.
Perfect for an on the go snack, but sweet enough to be dessert.
I’m a big fan of protein powder recipes, but my rule is that they have to taste good and not be chalky.
Some of my favorite recipes include energy balls, chocolate protein balls, monster cookie balls, and no bake protein bars.
I lost count of how many times I tried to nail the perfect no bake chocolate protein bar recipe, but I know that I tested this recipe at least 8 times.
The result was worth it!
These no bake bars are super chocolatey, have great texture, and are topped with flaky sea salt for a delicious salty sweet flavor.
Chocolate Protein Bar Ingredients
- no stir creamy peanut butter
- rolled oats
- chocolate protein powder
- cocoa powder
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- flaked sea salt
How to make chocolate protein bars
Step 1: Add the peanut butter, honey, rolled oats, protein powder, and cocoa powder to a large mixing bowl.
Use a rubber spatula to combine the protein bar batter.
Step 2: Line an 8×8 baking dish with wax paper.
Spread the batter evenly into the lined pan, and press it down with your hands or a rubber spatula.
Step 3: Melt the chocolate chips until smooth, then spread evenly over the top of the protein bars.
Step 4: Sprinkle the top with flaked sea salt before the chocolate hardens.
Chill the chocolate protein bars in the fridge for 1-2 hours, or until the chocolate hardens and completely sets.
Once the protein bars are set, use a knife to cut them into 16 squares.
How to store
I prefer to store my leftover protein bars in an airtight bag in the freezer, but you can also keep them in the fridge if you plan to eat them within a few days.
Keeping extras on hand in the freezer is my favorite for when my sweet tooth strikes!
These make a great mid afternoon snack or lighter dessert.
Just let it thaw for 2-3 minutes after removing it from the freezer and it will be ready to eat!
These would make a great post workout snack or a lunch box pick me up.
All you need is just 7 ingredients and a few minutes to throw these together.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More protein recipes
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Meal prep a batch of these next week for quick and easy snacks. My kids love them too!
Chocolate Protein Bars
These easy homemade chocolate protein bars are made with simple ingredients and taste delicious!
- 1 cup no stir creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ⅔ cup chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Flaked sea salt, for topping
- Use a rubber spatula to stir together the creamy peanut butter, honey, rolled oats, protein powder, and cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with wax paper
- Spread the chocolate protein bar batter evenly into the pan
- Melt the chocolate chips until smooth and spread evenly over the top of the protein bars with a rubber spatula
- Sprinkle with flaked sea salt before the chocolate hardens
- Chill the protein bars in the fridge until the chocolate is set (1-2 hours)
- Slice into 16 squares
- Store leftover bars in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 7g