Oatmeal chocolate chip cookie muffins – dessert and breakfast all in one!
I want you to close your eyes for a second and imagine biting into a warm oatmeal chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven.
Did I get your attention? Good.
That is exactly what it tastes like to bite into one of these incredible muffins. The taste of cookie in the body of a muffin. That’s what dreams are made of my friends.
These muffins are packed full of better-for-you ingredients and can be easily thrown together on a Sunday afternoon for the upcoming week’s breakfast or snack on the go.
And did I mention they taste just like biting into a cookie? For real y’all.
Let’s all have a moment of silence to let that sink in. A healthier breakfast muffin. That tastes like a melt-in-your-mouth oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.
It’s basically all of my breakfast dreams come true.
How to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookie muffins:
Whole wheat pastry flour gives these muffins an insanely soft and delicate texture which I love. It’s also a healthier alternative to using regular white flour.
We are also using feel good ingredients like olive oil, applesauce, and coconut oil to make these incredibly delicious.
Are you sold yet?
This recipe makes 24 muffins, so I took half to my neighbor and kept half for us.
Crosby ate one for lunch and kept saying “mmm” so I’m calling that a mom win for my little guy.
I love these fresh out of the oven, or microwaved a few seconds if it’s the next day.
You really can’t go wrong with these!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Save these oatmeal chocolate chip cookie muffins on pinterest:
More healthy muffin recipes:
- Healthy Zucchini Bread Muffins
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Banana Muffins
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins Recipe:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned oats)
- 10 oz chocolate chips
- Whisk together olive oil, melted coconut oil, brown sugar, vanilla extract, almond milk, and applesauce
- Add eggs and whisk to combine
- In a separate bowl, whisk together nutmeg, salt, flour, baking powder, and baking soda
- Add the dry mixture to the wet, and use a rubber spatula to mix until just combined
- Fold in oats and chocolate chips
- Line 2 muffin tins with parchment paper liners (these help the muffins not stick)
- Fill muffin liners ¾ of the way full with batter
- Bake at 350 degrees for 19-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 15gProtein: 5g