Healthy blueberry muffins made with feel good ingredients like whole wheat pastry flour, greek yogurt, and coconut oil.
I have been on a muffin kick as of this week.
What started with my healthy double chocolate breakfast muffins, led to me craving some healthy blueberry muffins.
It hit me today that I should bake up a batch of muffins for us every weekend.
Crosby is such a picky eater (under statement of the year) and we have struggled for a year trying to get him to gain weight.
One thing he usually loves is muffins and breads, so my new intention is to bake up either a batch of muffins or some healthy bread (like my banana bread) in the hopes to sneak some more calories in him for snacks or breakfast.
These healthy blueberry muffins use greek yogurt (bonus points for added protein!), mashed banana, good for you coconut oil, and frozen blueberries (<—convenience factor.)
I almost always have frozen blueberries on hand and they’re available year round, making these muffins perfect for any season!
Side note – I discovered years ago that the only thing that helped alleviate an upset stomach for me was to eat a small bowl of frozen blueberries.
The strangest thing but it always works for me. If you have tummy troubles give it a try!
Ok so back to these beauties.
Greek yogurt, mashed banana, and coconut oil give these a soft dreamy fluffiness.
Robbie and I probably ate 1/3 of the batch for a mid morning snack because they smelled so darn good.
I could see packing these for kids’ lunches, or an easy grab and go breakfast if you are rushing out the door.
At least with the greek yogurt you are getting some added protein!
These are so delicious and smell like blueberry pie.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More Muffin Recipes You Will Love
- Healthy Chocolate Muffins
- Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffins
- Carrot Cake Muffins with cream cheese frosting
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins
- Healthy pumpkin cream cheese swirl muffins
- Brown Sugar Zucchini Bread Muffins
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Healthy Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 medium sized ripe banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup organic pure cane sugar
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Whisk together greek yogurt, mashed banana, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and melted coconut oil in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder
- Add dry ingredients to the wet, and use a rubber spatula to stir until just combined (do not over mix)
- fold in frozen blueberries
- Line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners and distribute batter evenly into the 12 cups
- Sprinkle on additional oats and blueberries to top, if desired
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 - 23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 17gProtein: 7g