Easy strawberry crisp recipe (vegan and gluten free).
Ahh fresh strawberries. So juicy and delicious. And perfect for making a fresh strawberry crisp!
This crisp is naturally gluten free + vegan, sweet without being cavity inducing, and full of fresh juicy summer strawberries.
how to make strawberry crisp
First, cut up two pounds of strawberries. My strawberries were average size, so I simply halved them. For larger strawberries, you could cut them into quarters.
Toss your cut strawberries with sugar, cornstarch (this helps thicken), salt, and fresh lemon juice.
Stir and set aside to let the flavors start soaking together.
Once you have done this step, it’s time to make the crisp topping!
The topping for this strawberry crisp is naturally gluten free thanks to oats and oat flour!
All you need for the crisp topping is: brown sugar, oat flour, rolled oats, salt, and melted vegan butter (or real butter, if you prefer).
If you don’t have any oat flour, you can make it yourself by grinding up oats in the blender until it forms a flour. I do this anytime I don’t have store bought oat flour on hand.
This strawberry crisp only took me around 15 minutes to prep! I like to bake my crisp recipes in a pie plate (they fit perfectly!), but any small sized baking dish works just fine.
Bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly.
Serve warm with a scoop (or two) of vanilla ice cream!
So perfect, so delicious.
More healthy crisp recipes
Hungry for more? Here are some other easy and yummy crisp recipes.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Be sure to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite
Saving this recipe for later?
Click HERE to pin this recipe!
Easy gluten free strawberry crisp recipe
For the Filling
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup pure cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
For the crisp topping
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- Halve strawberries and place in a bowl. Toss with sugar, cornstarch, salt, and lemon juice until combined
- In a separate bowl, add all ingredients for the crisp and use a fork or spoon to stir until crumbly and combined
- Pour strawberry filling into a pie plate or small baking dish
- Top with crisp topping
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 50 minutes, until bubbly and crisp is browned
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream
Since strawberries are naturally sweet, I did not use a lot of sweetener in this recipe. If you prefer your desserts to be fairly sweet, you can always add more sugar to the filling to taste.
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!