The best three cheese baked ziti recipe for when you don’t feel like cooking! Hardly any prep, and ready to eat in around half an hour.
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I’m craving a hearty plate of pasta but am in no mood to cook it.
That is how this three cheese baked ziti recipe was created!
While most incredible ziti recipes start with a base of fresh herbs and spices (like this Vegetarian Baked Ziti), this recipe is simply the easiest most time efficient way to get a big ole plate of ziti to your table in the least amount of time.
Fancy recipes can be saved for another day, and this baked ziti is perfect for those lazy nights.
How to make three cheese baked ziti
Step one: Cook the ziti to al dente
Step two: mix together the eggs, garlic powder, parsley, and ricotta
Step three: mix the cooked ziti with the pasta sauce
One note here regarding sauce – this can make or break how much you like this recipe.
I always advise to spring for a good quality pasta sauce with fresh ingredients, so pick your favorite one!
Step four: Add half of the ziti to the casserole dish
Step five: spread the ricotta mixture evenly over the top
Step six: sprinkle on the parmesan cheese
Step seven: add the rest of the ziti
Step eight: sprinkle the top with shredded mozzarella cheese
After the ziti is ready to bake, place it in the preheated 425 degree oven.
Bake for 15 – 25 minutes, until nice and bubbly.
The mozzarella cheese on top should be nice and browned!
What to serve with baked ziti
This ziti would go great with a little side salad and a hearty piece of garlic bread.
Easy dinner that everyone will love, coming right up!
More Pasta Recipes
- Crock Pot Baked Ziti
- Cream Cheese Pasta
- Million Dollar Baked Ziti
- Veggie Lover’s Baked Rigatoni
- One Pot Sweet Potato Pasta
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Three Cheese Baked Ziti Recipe
- 16 oz ziti pasta
- 25 oz jar of good quality pasta sauce
- 15 oz ricotta
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cook ziti to al dente according to package instructions
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, garlic, parsley, and ricotta until combined
- Once ziti is cooked, drain well and mix with the pasta sauce
- Grease a casserole dish with cooking spray and add half of the ziti/sauce mixture
- Spread out the ricotta mixture in an even layer over the ziti
- Sprinkle on the parmesan
- Add the rest of the ziti on top
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the top
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 - 25 minutes, until browned and bubbly (check often towards the end to avoid burning)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 1016mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 20g