Delicious one pot sweet potato pasta with spinach.
So good you won’t want to share!
One of the most popular food trends right now is one-pot meals.
They are easy, delicious, and minimum cleanup. Win-Win!
How to make sweet potato pasta
In a large pot or dutch oven, add olive oil, diced sweet potato, garlic, and onion.
Sautee on medium high heat for 8-10 minutes, or until sweet potatoes start to soften.
Add penne, sage, thyme, and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
boil for 10-11 minutes, stirring often (turn down the heat if the boil is too strong).
Turn heat down to low and add parmesan, heavy whipping cream, and salt and pepper to taste (I used ½ teaspoon each).
Continue stirring until sauce starts to thicken (3-6 minutes).
Add spinach and wilt for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Serve garnished with additional parmesan cheese!
Fall is my absolute favorite season.
I love the crisp cool air, bonfires, hot chocolate, and the excuse to eat tons of creamy rich comfort foods like this pasta!
November and December are times of family get togethers and holiday parties.
I’m a sucker for pasta, and this one pot sweet potato and spinach pasta is basically my dream come true.
Want to wow your friends and family at your annual holiday party?
Make up a pot of this pasta and watch as everyone devours it!
But you don’t have to wait until fall to make this recipe, I make it year round!
I hesitate to say when something is the best recipe I’ve ever made (because there are several that are my favorite!), but this one pot pasta is possibly the greatest dish that I have ever made or tasted!
Ultra creamy, cheesy, and has a huge depth of flavor.
And it’s made in just one pot (!!!)
This would be the perfect fall dish to serve your family and friends.
I used penne, sweet potato, spinach, fresh garlic and onion, and a homemade cream sauce to bring all of the flavors together.
On busy nights when I’m craving creamy, cheesy pasta, I turn to something easy to make and easy to cleanup.
Something delicious like this Creamy One Pot Sweet Potato and Spinach Pasta!
Check out my post on 18 vegetarian pasta recipes for more dinner inspiration.
My husband RAVED about this pasta. He told me we should sell the recipe to Olive Garden (it’s that good).
We had it leftover the next day and I swear it tasted even better.
Some pastas taste best fresh, but this just keeps getting more delicious as it sits and the noodles marinate in that delicious ultra creamy heavenly sauce!
More pasta recipes to try:
- Easy Crockpot Baked Ziti
- Million Dollar Baked Ziti
- Veggie Lover’s Baked Rigatoni
- Vegetarian Bolognese
- Vegan Creamy Tomato Shells
- Mushroom Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta Bake
pin this recipe:
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
One Pot Sweet Potato and Spinach Pasta
Delicious one pot sweet potato pasta with spinach. Simple and packed with flavor!
- 1 box penne (1 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 large sweet potato, diced (around 2 cups worth)
- 2 1/2 cups fresh chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot or dutch oven, add olive oil, diced sweet potato, garlic, and onion
- Sautee on medium high heat for 8-10 minutes, or until sweet potatoes start to soften
- Add penne, sage, thyme, and vegetable broth and bring to a boil
- boil for 10-11 minutes, stirring often (turn down the heat if the boil is too strong)
- Turn heat down to low and add parmesan, heavy whipping cream, and salt and pepper to taste (I used ½ teaspoon each)
- Continue stirring until sauce starts to thicken (3-6 minutes)
- Add spinach and wilt for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently
- Serve garnished with additional parmesan cheese
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!