These garlic butter noodles are ready in less than 20 minutes and make the best family friendly comfort food dinner!
Why you’ll love these buttered noodles
- Easy to make: Made with just a handful of ingredients and ready in less than 20 minutes, these garlic butter noodles are ready in a flash!
- Family friendly: Kids and adults alike will love this classic noodle recipe.
- Comfort food: Whether you’re feeling under the weather or just need an easy no fuss dinner, these buttered noodles make the perfect comfort food!
Pasta recipes are always my go to dinner when I need to feed my family quickly.
I know when I make a classic like these buttered noodles that everyone will eat it happily and that is a big win in my book!
Butter noodles are so easy to make, and the addition of fresh minced garlic gives this pasta a delicious extra pop of flavor.
- Egg noodles: these wide noodles are perfect for the garlic butter sauce to stick to.
- Butter: I used unsalted, but you can use either kind and just add salt to taste before serving.
- Minced garlic: the star that adds that extra flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: to taste.
- Parmesan cheese: this is optional, but we love to add it to our butter noodles!
How to make garlic buttered noodles
Step 1: Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook them to al dente according to the package instructions.
Step 2: Melt the butter in a pot or skillet and add the minced garlic. Cook the garlic for 1-2 mins, until fragrant.
Step 3: Add the cooked egg noodles to the garlic butter and stir to combine. Top with optional pepper and powdered parmesan cheese.
It really is that easy but the flavor never disappoints! With just pantry ingredients and a few minutes you can make this classic favorite that is so comforting and delicious.
Storing and Reheating
- Storing leftovers: Leftover buttered noodles can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Reheating: This reheats best in a skillet or pot over low heat.
Butter Noodles FAQs
Yes! Any kind of noodle will work to make buttered noodles.
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 16 oz egg noodles
- ⅓ cup butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook to al dente according to the package instructions
- While the egg noodles are cooking, melt the butter in a pot or skillet and add the fresh minced garlic. Cook for 1-2 mins, stirring often, until fragrant
- Add the cooked egg noodles to the garlic butter and toss to combine
- Salt the garlic butter noodles to taste
- Top with optional pepper and parmesan cheese and serve hot
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g