This cauliflower tofu fried rice tastes like the real thing, but is secretly egg free, grain free, gluten free, and vegan!
You won’t believe how good this is!
If you love fried rice, boy do I have a treat for you today!
I made this for dinner last night and I was so excited to share this recipe as soon as possible – it is THAT good.
I love fried rice, but sometimes it leaves me feeling bloated afterwards from all of the rice.
This cauliflower tofu fried rice is made without any eggs or rice, but you would never ever guess it!
We are using scrambled tofu in place of eggs, and frozen riced cauliflower in place of rice.
It’s really crazy how much the cauliflower takes on the flavor of rice.
If you didn’t tell me, I would have never realized that the recipe did not contain any rice.
Thanks to tofu and cauliflower, this fried rice is gluten free, grain free, and vegan.
Plus, you are getting tons of veggies in every bite!
We devoured this in one night and I already want to make it again.
If you’ve never tried making fried rice healthy, you NEED to try this recipe.
I would eat this any day over traditional fried rice.
Carrots, fresh ginger and garlic, and peas add tons of flavor and texture to every bite.
This one’s a winner!
More stir fry recipes I love:
- stir fry sauce
- Stir Fry Vegetables
- 30 minute chickpea stir fry
- Honey ginger tofu stir fry
- Vegan chickpea stir fry bowl
- Garlic Tofu Broccoli Skillet
- Sweet chili tofu bowls
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Pin this cauliflower tofu fried rice:
Grain free vegan fried rice recipe:
- 1/3 cup fresh diced ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrot
- 14 0z extra firm tofu
- 10 0z frozen peas
- 24 oz frozen riced cauliflower
- gluten free tamari/soy sauce
- sesame oil
- Drain tofu and pat dry with a towel
- Heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil in a large skillet on medium high heat
- Add tofu and use a potato masher to "scramble" until it resembles eggs
- Use a spatula to cook/flip the tofu for 10 - 15 minutes, until browned and beginning to dry
- While tofu is cooking, in another large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil on medium high heat
- Add garlic, ginger, and carrots, and saute for around 10 minutes, stirring often, until carrots are no longer crunchy
- Add peas and cauliflower and stir for 10 - 15 minutes, until cauliflower is defrosted
- Add in tofu, 1 teaspoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, and tamari/soy sauce to taste (I used 6 tablespoons of tamari)
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 522mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 15gSugar: 16gProtein: 17g