The best easy homemade stir fry vegetables recipe. Make delicious takeout style vegetables in garlic sauce in your own kitchen!
Stir fry veggies are a classic favorite. Whether you serve them alone or as a side dish, everyone will love this simple recipe!
This is a fool proof delicious recipe that honestly tastes just as good as takeout.
I love the rainbow of color and flavor and how easy it is to make!
No fancy ingredients are needed, just a bunch of fresh veggies and an easy 3 ingredient stir fry sauce.
how to make stir fry vegetables
First, add water chestnuts, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, bell pepper, green onions, broccoli, garlic, and ginger to a large skillet or jumbo cooker with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
Cook the vegetables on medium high heat for 20 – 25 minutes, stirring often, until most of the liquid has evaporated and vegetables are cooked but not too soft.
Texture is important here, we don’t want everything to be mushy!
Add the stir fry sauce and cook an additional 3 – 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce is thick and sticking to the vegetables.
Serve alone or over white or brown rice for a delicious meal or side dish.
This recipe includes some of the best stir fry vegetables:
- water chestnuts
- sugar snap peas
- bell peppers
- green onions
All of these vegetables pair so well together, and compliment the richness of the stir fry sauce.
Fresh minced garlic and ginger help tie together all of those oriental flavors of the stir fry sauce.
Never used fresh ginger before?
Don’t be afraid! You can buy it at most any grocery store in the produce section.
Just cut off the skin/peeling, and dice it up fine just like you would garlic. It’s really so easy!
These vegetables offer a variety of textures and flavors, and when cooked together the result is so delicious!
I am a big veggie lover, so this is like heaven in a skillet to me.
I love eating so much fresh produce!
What stir fry sauce to use
For this stir fry vegetables recipe, I use the stir fry sauce recipe that I now use for all of my stir fry recipes: my 3 ingredient homemade stir fry sauce (linked in the recipe card below).
It is ridiculously simple, no fancy long ingredient lists, and tastes incredible every time!
As long as you use it with fresh garlic and ginger (like we are in this recipe!) the sauce is a winner every time.
I’m so glad I discovered this recipe, it has seriously changed my life and we make way more stir fry recipes now more than ever before.
You can read my post on how do you thicken stir fry sauce? for more about why this sauce is the perfect easy choice for making homemade stir fry recipes.
Would you just look at that big beautiful pan of veggies?
This recipe easily serves 4 people, and makes a huge amount of veggie stir fry.
The pan pictured is called a Jumbo Cooker.
I purchased one more than a decade ago and I’ve been a big fan ever since.
I believe I’m now on my third jumbo cooker since I started using them!
It’s a well used and well loved pan in our house, and perfect for making huge stir fry recipes in!
What to serve with stir fry veggies
quinoa, or other grain of choice
protein of choice (optional) – we love tofu or chickpeas!
Best tips for cooking your stir fry vegetables
– Use a big pan to fit all of your veggies nicely without overflowing
– Stir fry vegetables just long enough to where they are cooked, but not mushy
– Don’t skimp on the garlic and onion, and be sure to use the stir fry sauce recipe listed for best flavor
Bring the magic of takeout to your kitchen with this easy and yummy stir fry recipe!
More Stir Fry Recipes
- Asian Mushroom Ramen Noodles
- Cabbage Stir Fry
- Broccoli with Garlic Sauce
- Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
- Tofu Stir Fry Noodles
- Vegan Chickpea Stir fry bowl
- Cauliflower Tofu Fried Rice
- Honey Ginger Tofu Stir Fry
- Broccoli Tofu Stir Fry
I followed your recipe and it was delicious! You nailed it! I will make this again and again!!! – Kathy
So easy and yummy! Now that our garden is ripe with a surplus of veggies, this recipe has become a weekly dish. I’ve been telling everyone about it! – Julie
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Stir Fry Vegetables Recipe
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 8 oz sliced water chestnuts
- 8 oz sugar snap peas
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced (around 1 1/2 cups worth)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 12 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger
- 1 batch stir fry sauce
- white rice, for serving
- Heat a large skillet or jumbo cooker to medium high heat with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Add water chestnuts, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, bell pepper, green onions, broccoli, garlic, and ginger
- Cook for 20 - 25 minutes, stirring often, until most of the liquid evaporates and vegetables are cooked but not too soft
- Shake together a batch of the stir fry sauce
- Add the sauce and cook an additional 3 - 5 minutes, until sauce thickens and coats vegetables
- Serve alone or over white rice
- If you serve with rice, you may need to salt the rice, dependent on your tastebuds
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 8gSugar: 6gProtein: 7g