These dairy free chocolate chip cookies taste just as good as the classic favorite cookie. An allergy friendly dessert that everyone will love!
These dairy free chocolate chip cookies taste every bit as yummy as the classic favorite.
But instead of dairy, we are using dairy free substitutions to make a dairy allergy friendly cookie that will impress anyone!
Classic chocolate chip cookies are made using dairy which is found both in the chocolate chips and butter.
This recipe utilizes dairy free butter and dairy free chocolate chips, but you would never know it!
These cookies are similar to my vegan chocolate chip cookies, but made more traditionally using eggs.
They are perfectly chewy and sweet. Crispy brown edges and soft on the inside. These are one of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes!
Ingredients to make dairy free chocolate chip cookies
- all purpose flour: or whole wheat pastry flour
- dairy free butter: earth balance is our favorite brand
- vanilla extract
- brown sugar
- baking soda
- dairy free chocolate chips
How to make chocolate chip cookies without dairy
Step 1: Cream together the softened vegan butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Step 2: Add the eggs and beat again to combine.
Step 3: In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, salt, and baking soda.
Step 4: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
The batter should look like this.
Step 5: fold in the dairy free chocolate chips.
Step 6: Cover the dairy free cookie dough and chill in the fridge for one hour.
Step 7: Once the dough has chilled, remove it from the fridge and roll into balls and place on a baking sheet.
Step 8: Bake the chocolate chip cookies at 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes, or until the edges are browned. Be careful not to over bake the cookies, as they will continue to cook after you remove them from the oven.
Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
What kind of vegan butter to use
My personal favorite dairy free butter is Earth Balance brand. They actually sell sticks that resemble regular butter, or square cartons.
What chocolate chips are dairy free
I have found that some chocolate chips are accidentally dairy free. However, if you are making these cookies for someone with a dairy allergy, I recommend purchasing chocolate chips that are marked allergy friendly.
Enjoy life chocolate chips are a favorite of ours, and our local grocery store also has an allergy friendly chocolate chip in the store brand that we buy too.
I gave some of these to a neighbor and she never would have guessed that they were dairy free!
These cookies taste so delicious and you would never even know there was something different about them.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More dairy free desserts
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
There is just nothing like the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies wafting through your kitchen.
Make a batch of these dairy free cookies this weekend!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 oz dairy free chocolate chips
- Cream together the softened vegan butter, brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth
- Add the eggs and beat to combine
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until combined
- Reserve a few chocolate chips for topping, then fold the rest into the cookie dough batter.
- Cover and chill the cookie dough for at least 1 hour in the fridge
- Once chilled, roll the dough into ball shapes and place on a baking sheet. Add additional chocolate chips to the tops and press them down.
- Bake the chocolate chip cookies at 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges. Do not over bake! Allow to cool 2 minutes on the pan (they will keep cooking), then transfer to the cooling rack
We like Earth Balance for vegan butter, and Enjoy Life for chocolate chips. If you are making these for someone with a dairy allergy, be sure to buy chocolate chips that are marked allergy friendly without any dairy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g