Healthy egg muffin cups recipe made with simple, wholesome ingredients. Perfect for meal prepping healthy breakfasts for the week!
Say hello to these egg muffin cups – the perfect make ahead healthy meal prep recipe!
You make individual egg cups in a muffin tin, making it an easy and portable breakfast. They are filling, so 2 should easily keep you full for hours.
These are simple to make, and ready in less than 45 minutes!
how to make healthy egg muffin cups
First, chop up your veggies. I used chopped spinach, roma tomatoes, baby bella mushrooms, and green bell pepper. You can mix and match whatever veggies you have on hand!
Spray your muffin tin generously with nonstick cooking spray. This will help the muffin cups not stick to the baking dish.
Distribute your veggies evenly into the bottoms of the 12 muffin cups.
In a large bowl, whisk together your eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
Pour the egg mixture evenly into the muffin tins to cover the veggies.
Top with freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until eggs are set.
Allow to cool a few minutes, then use a butter knife to run around the edges of the cups before removing them.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
These are so fresh and full of flavor, thanks to a variety of veggies. Just pop them in the microwave and you have a ready made healthy breakfast!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Be sure to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite!
More healthy breakfast recipes:
- Sweet Potato Hash
- The best Vegan Breakfast Burritos
- Spicy Avocado Egg Toast
- Vegetarian Breakfast Burritos
- Simple Vegan Breakfast Hash
- Tofu scramble recipe
pin this recipe:
Egg Muffin Cups
Easy and healthy egg muffin cups recipe - perfect for meal prepping breakfast!
- 1 1/4 cups chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup diced roma tomatoes
- 3/4 cup diced baby bella mushrooms
- 11 eggs
- 1/8 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- Spray a muffin tin generously with nonstick cooking spray
- Distribute spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, and bell peppers evenly into the 12 cups
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika until combined
- Pour egg mixture evenly into the 12 tins, to cover the veggies
- Sprinkle tops with sharp cheddar cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes, until eggs are cooked through
- Allow to cool several minutes in the pan, then use a butter knife to loosen the edges before removing them
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days
The muffin cups will puff up over the top, don't worry this is normal! Once they cool they will sink back down.
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!