This vegetarian recipe for loaded veggie meatless spaghetti is packed full of nutrients and uses whole grain pasta for an easy weeknight meatless meal!
I loved pasta night, when we’d fill our plates with steaming hot pasta, yummy sauce, and drown it in Parmesan cheese.
I loved spaghetti then, and I love it now. Not only is spaghetti a staple food, but it’s so affordable!
This is one of my go to meals for that reason.
But really, I’m just obsessed with mushrooms. Seriously, I cannot get enough!
Perfect for a meatless substitute!
We added some tomato sauce to our leftovers the next day, and we ended up eating this 3 times, so it made 6 meals for less than $15-20.
It’s just as good the next day, and makes great leftovers!
You really can’t taste the difference and it’s much healthier than enriched.
Do you love mushrooms? If so be sure to also check out these recipes!
- Best Ever Mushroom Lasagna
- Roasted Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Veggie Lovers’ Baked Rigatoni
- Spicy Vegetarian Baked Spaghetti
- 30 Minute Portobello Fajitas
- 16 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced or finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 25 oz jar of organic pasta sauce
- 16 oz package of whole wheat spaghetti
- Block of Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions, set aside
- Combine mushrooms, onioin, garlic, olive oil, basil, sea salt, and pepper in a large skillet.
- Sautee on medium heat for 7-10 minutes, or until mushrooms have released and cooked away their liquid. If the liquid does not all evaporate, drain mixture in a strainer.
- Add 25 oz jar of pasta sauce to mushroom mixture, stir well
- Serve spaghetti topped with sauce and freshly grated Parmesan cheese!