We are big pasta lovers around here!
It’s such an easy (and cheap!) way to make a lot of food with a ton of flavor.
Some of our favorite pasta recipes include:
What I love most about this parmesan and ricotta pasta bake is that it is a sort of “faux lasagna.”
Instead of dollops of ricotta like I would use for lasagna, it mixes right in to create a creamy rose sauce.
Add in some fresh veggies and top with mozzarella for a hearty and delicious pasta that will feed a crowd!
I made this for dinner and it lasted us two nights in a row with extra to spare.
My 10 month old was a big fan too!
Pin this Parmesan and Ricotta Pasta Bake:
Parmesan and Ricotta Pasta Bake
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 7 large cloves of garlic, minced or finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 25 oz jar of pasta sauce
- 1 lb pasta of choice (I have used rotini and fusili, but any pasta noodle would work)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for topping (optional)
- Combine onion, garlic, pepper, sea salt, olive oil, and mushrooms in a large skillet
- Sautee on medium high heat for 10-12 minutes, or until mushrooms cook down and release their liquid
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and set aside
- Add pasta sauce to the skillet onion/mushroom mixture and stir
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 cup of parmesan, 1 egg and the ricotta cheese and stir to combine
- Add the ricotta mixture to the skillet with the sauce and onion mixture and stir until combined
- Mix sauce with noodles and transfer into a 13 X 9 baking dish
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes
- Top with 1¼ cups of shredded mozzarella and bake an additional 5 - 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly
- Serve with garlic bread and optional crushed red pepper for topping