This easy One Pot Vegetarian Chili Mac recipe is ready in just 30 minutes and a crowd pleaser! Your family will love this easy dinner recipe!
This one pot vegetarian chili mac is all things delicious.
It is all the flavors of your favorite chili combined with noodles and lots of melted cheesy deliciousness.
This recipe comes together in just one pot, which means less dishes and more eating!
It’s so easy to make and tastes incredible.
All you need is just half an hour and some simple ingredients!
Easy peasy meatless dinner coming right up.
How to make one pot vegetarian chili mac
In a dutch oven or heavy bottomed pan, sautee garlic, onion, peppers and olive oil for 5-10 minutes on medium high heat.
Cook until the onion starts to cook down and is translucent.
Add drained kidney beans, chili beans with sauce, stewed tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato paste, macaroni noodles, and all spices.
Bring pot to a boil and cover.
Once boiling, remove lid and cook for 12 – 15 minutes, until noodles are al dente.
Stir every few minutes to help the noodles to not stick to the bottom of the pan.
Check closely near the end to avoid mushy noodles.
Cooking too long will definitely affect the texture.
Once the chili mac is cooked, remove from the heat and stir in the sharp cheddar cheese.
I always recommend freshly grating your cheese if possible.
The flavor is so much better this way and we can always taste the difference!
Top with fresh chopped parsley for garnish and serve!
I made this for dinner tonight and it came out great! Very easy to make and it’s delicious. I like having the leftovers for the next day. Thank you! – Tory
This one pot vegetarian chili mac is such an easy and delicious dinner that is perfect for a weeknight!
I love any excuse to use my dutch oven and it is just the perfect size to make this dish in.
The convenience of one pot meals is my favorite because they mean quicker cook time and less cleanup for me!
Less mess = more time enjoying a delicious dinner with my family.
It’s all the flavors of my favorite slow cooker vegetarian chili mac, but in ¼ of the time!
My family loves this recipe! The bonus is we have lots of leftovers! – Angie
Love chili recipes?
Be sure to make this slow cooker vegetarian chili mac!
And for a classic favorite, here is our crock pot vegetarian chili.
One Pot Recipes
Hungry for more? Try these other one pot recipes!
Be sure to follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious vegan and vegetarian recipes!
Click HERE to pin this recipe for later!
I love this recipe! It’s so.easy to add more veg as well. Tastes just as good as a leftover the next day! Thank.you – Cynthia
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
One Pot Vegetarian Chili Mac Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large onion (yellow or white), diced
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can chili beans, with sauce (do not drain)
- 1 (15 oz) can sliced stewed tomatoes, with juices
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 16 oz dry macaroni noodles
- 3 oz tomato paste (around 4 tablespoons)
- 1 cup diced hungarian wax peppers (can substitute bell peppers)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ tablespoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped parsley, for topping (optional)
- In a dutch oven or heavy bottomed pan, sautee garlic, onion, peppers and olive oil for 5-10 minutes on medium high heat, or until onion starts to cook down and is translucent
- Add drained kidney beans, chili beans with sauce, stewed tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato paste, macaroni noodles, and all spices
- Bring to a boil and cover
- Allow to cook for 12-15 minutes, or until noodles are al dente. Check every few minutes to stir in case of sticking
- Once finished cooking, remove from heat and stir in 1 ½ cups of cheese.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley and topped with remaining cheese
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 524Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 1317mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 6gSugar: 11gProtein: 26g