This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DinnerOnDemand #CollectiveBias
I don’t know about you, but some nights I’m not in the mood to make a dinner at all.
One of my favorite fall back meals is pasta. Pasta is a great and versatile way to create a delicious dinner without lots of prep work.
It’s also a great meal to make when you are starting to learn how to cook!
Barilla Pronto Pasta is perfect for those nights when you need dinner on demand.
It doesn’t require any boiling or draining and is made in one pot! I never knew pasta could be so easy to cook!
I also used Barilla’s Marinara sauce to really tie all the ingredients of this dish together.
If you haven’t tried Barilla’s new Pronto Pasta (I used the rotini variety), I highly recommend it. We bought ours at our local Walmart.
This meal would be especially great for anyone who is new to cooking and living on their own.
It comes together in just 20 minutes but looks impressive!
Another reason why I love this one pot veggie rotini is that it only uses one pan! I used pre sliced mushrooms to cut down on prep time.
Just add Barilla Pronto Rotini, mushrooms, a little diced onion and basil, and a few other quick ingredients and you’re ready to start cooking!
Cook the pasta for around 10 minutes and then remove from heat and add the remaining marinara and stir in some cheese.
And dinner is served!
You don’t have to sacrifice quality of food for this easy meal, it is delicious!
If you’re learning to cook for yourself for the first time, I recommend trying this one pot veggie rotini.
You get all the satisfaction (and taste!) of a home cooked meal, but without tons of time consuming prep work.
Win-win in my book!
One Pot Veggie Rotini
This one pot veggie rotini comes together in just 20 minutes!
- 1 (12 oz) box Barilla Pronto Rotini
- 1 (24 oz) jar Barilla Marinara Sauce
- 8 oz diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 6 basil leaves, finely chopped up
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups COLD water
- 2-3 cups shredded italian cheese blend
- In a large pot, add rotini, mushrooms, diced onion and basil, optional red pepper flakes, salt, 3 cups of cold water and 1 cup of marinara sauce
- Place pot on burner and turn to high
- Cook 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta absorbs most of the liquid and has cooked through. Be careful not to burn the bottom (avoid this by stirring often and removing from heat after most of the water absorbs)
- After pasta has cooked, remove from heat and stir in remaining marinara sauce and cheese. You could also stir in half of the cheese and keep the remaining amount out for topping.