This pasta bake recipe features the classic flavors of spinach artichoke dip. An easy vegetarian dinner idea that is full of cheesy delicious flavor!
Spinach artichoke dip is one of my favorite appetizers.
I took all of the flavors from that recipe and turned it into a cheesy baked pasta dinner!
Everyone loves baked rigatoni recipes and this one does not disappoint.
The sauce is made similar to this cream cheese pasta and is so creamy and delicious.
Ingredients to make spinach artichoke pasta
- Rigatoni pasta: we love rigatoni for this dish, but any kind of pasta will work!
- fresh garlic: none of the jarred stuff, please. Fresh minced garlic adds so much flavor!
- yellow onion
- baby spinach
- artichoke hearts
- cream cheese: for the easiest creamy sauce
- fresh parmesan: don’t skip grating it yourself, it’s worth it!
- cornstarch: to thicken the sauce
How to make this spinach artichoke pasta bake
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Step 1: Cook the rigatoni according to package instructions. Before draining, reserve 2 cups of pasta cooking water to make the sauce and set it aside.
Step 2: Melt butter in a large pot or dutch oven like I used. Add the garlic and onion and cook until softened, around 5 minutes.
While the garlic and onion are cooking, go ahead and drain and chop up the artichoke hearts and chop the spinach. Set aside as we will need these soon.
Step 3: Add the cream cheese, reserved pasta cooking water, and parmesan cheese and whisk for around 10 minutes to combine. Whisk in the cornstarch to thicken the sauce and stir until creamy.
Step 4: Stir the cooked rigatoni, spinach, and artichoke hearts into the sauce until combined.
Step 5: Grease a casserole 9 by 13 dish and transfer the spinach artichoke pasta into it.
Top the pasta with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
How long to bake pasta
Cooked pasta does not need very long to bake and the melted cheese is a good indicator that it is nice and hot throughout.
Step 6: Bake at 425 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown on top and is bubbly.
For more crisp on top you can broil for a minute or two on the end. I like to do this to get those delicious browned crispy bits of cheese on top!
You have got to try this pasta bake!
It was so cheesy and tasted just like spinach artichoke dip.
A comfort food vegetarian dinner recipe for sure!
More pasta recipes
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- Vegetarian Baked Ziti
- Million Dollar Baked Ziti
- Vegetarian Baked Spaghetti
- Crock Pot Baked Ziti
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 8 oz baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 14 oz can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 ⅓ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups reserved pasta cooking water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cook rigatoni according to package instructions and set aside 2 cups of pasta cooking water before draining
- Melt butter in a large pot or dutch oven
- Add the minced garlic and diced onion and cook around 5 minutes, until softened
- While the garlic and onion cook, drain and chop the artichokes and chop up the spinach and set aside.
- Add the cream cheese, reserved pasta water, and fresh parmesan. Whisk for 5 - 10 minutes, until melted. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, to thicken the sauce.
- Stir in the cooked rigatoni, chopped spinach, and chopped artichokes. Stir to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the spinach artichoke pasta to a greased 9 X 13 baking dish
- Top with the mozzarella cheese
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes, until cheese starts to brown on the top and is bubbly
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 596Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 886mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 8gSugar: 4gProtein: 27g