Craving some Mexican white cheese dip? It’s easier than you think to make queso blanco yourself at home!
If you have never tried making queso blanco before at home, you will love how easy it is to make!
All you need to mimic that oh-so-addicting cheese dip from your favorite Mexican restaurant is a few simple ingredients.
What does Queso Blanco have in it?
Queso blanco is made using white american cheese, milk, green chiles, and tamed jalapeno peppers.
How to make mexican white cheese sauce
Step 1: Dice the white american cheese into 1 inch sized blocks. You will find this cheese in the deli section of your local grocery store.
Step 2: Add the american cheese to a sauce pan along with the milk. Heat the pan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the cheese begins to melt.
Step 3: Add the green chiles, diced jalapenos, and the jalapeno juice from the jar. Continue to cook until the cheese is totally melted and creamy smooth.
Serve hot with your favorite tortilla chips!
This recipe would make a great appetizer, or a delicious addition to whatever Mexican inspired dish you are making that night.
To reheat this dip, simply microwave until hot. The dip will thicken as it cools, so be sure to serve it hot.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
This copycat white sauce is ready in minutes and tastes just like what you would order at your favorite Mexican restaurant.
So creamy, cheesy, and the perfect dip for tortilla chips!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 ⅓ lbs white american cheese
- ¾ cup milk
- 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
- 2 pickled jalapenos slices (tamed jarred jalapenos), diced
- 1 teaspoon of the juice from the jalapeno jar
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Dice the white american cheese into 1 inch sized blocks
- Add the cheese to a sauce pan along with the milk. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the cheese begins to melt.
- Add the green chiles, jalapenos, and the jalapeno juice. Continue to cook until the cheese is totally melted
- Serve hot with tortilla chips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 1093mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 14g