This is the best guacamole recipe with tomatoes. Simple to make and uses fresh and flavorful ingredients. All you need to make authentic guac is avocados, shallot, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and salt and pepper.
Homemade guacamole with tomatoes is a staple in our home.
Whether it’s a mexican themed dinner, game day, a special occasion, party, etc – guac is always a favorite in our house!
Making your own guacamole is so simple! Here is what you will need.
- Avocados: really ripe avocados are best.
- Shallot: my favorite for guac thanks to its mild sweet flavor
- Garlic: just a little bit takes that guac to the next level! Fresh minced garlic is the best.
- Cilantro: finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh Lime: start with a half and add more if you want. You can never have too much lime in my opinion!
- Roma Tomatoes: I love tomatoes in my guac, but you can leave them out of course if you don’t like them. Cherry tomatoes would also work well here
- Salt & Pepper
How do you make guacamole from scratch?
Making authentic guacamole is easy and takes just a few minutes.
Step 1: Mince the fresh garlic and shallot, and chop up the fresh cilantro. Dice up the roma tomatoes.
Shallots have a more delicate sweet flavor than onions, making them perfect in guacamole.
You can also use sweet yellow onion instead if you cannot find shallots.
A lighter sweeter onion is typically used in guac, but for more of a bite you can use red onion.
Step 2: Mash two large avocados in a bowl. I like to use a fork. You can either mash the avocados until smooth, or leave a few chunks – whatever texture you prefer!
Step 3: Add the minced garlic, shallot, lime, cilantro, roma tomatoes, and salt and pepper to the mashed avocados.
Step 4: Mix it all together. You are ready to serve!
We love serving this up with a big bowl of tortilla chips.
But I even love it without chips mixed into a cauliflower rice burrito bowl.
This recipe is fresh, delicious, and the best guacamole I’ve ever tasted.
Craving chipotle? Try serving this guac with fajita veggies and a homemade burrito bowl:
This really is the best guacamole, and my guests always rave over it.
If you have never made guacamole from scratch, you have to try this recipe!
More Mexican inspired recipes
- Fresh Corn Salsa
- Queso Blanco
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
- Mexican Rice Casserole
- Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Sweet Potato Tacos
If you’re making this guacamole for a party, just double or triple the recipe and you’ll be good to go!
One batch makes four generous servings.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 2 large avocados, mashed
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 small clove (1 tsp) minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¾ cup diced roma tomatoes
- Juice of ½ large lime
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, mash avocados with a fork
- Add the minced shallot, minced garlic, cilantro, roma tomatoes, lime, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 178mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 8gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g