This homemade cilantro lime cauliflower rice is low carb, gluten free, and perfect for making Chipotle inspired meals at home!
Can you make burrito bowls at home that taste just as good as Chipotle?
Making cauliflower rice burrito bowls at home is my new favorite dinner.
Have you tried cauliflower rice?
It is low carb, vegan, gluten free, and honestly a fantastic replacement for rice.
I would eat this recipe any day and it is a great way to sneak in more veggies!
What type of cauliflower to use
For this recipe, fresh cauliflower is what you need.
You can either make it yourself my grating a head of cauliflower, or you can use my preferred method which is to buy pre bagged riced fresh cauliflower in the produce section.
Not only is this a time saver, but the texture is great this way.
The rice pieces are chunkier than the frozen variety, which is perfect for the texture we are looking for.
How to make cilantro lime cauliflower rice
Step 1: Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
I’m normally an olive oil girl, but I have found that butter really makes a big difference in the taste.
To make this cauliflower rice vegan, you can substitute vegan butter.
Step 2: Add the yellow onion and cook until softened, then add the fresh minced garlic and stir for one minute, until fragrant.
Step 3: Add the riced cauliflower and sauté for around 10 minutes, until softened.
I find that around 10 minutes still leaves a little bit of texture to each bite of rice, but you can cook the cauliflower longer for a softer texture.
Step 4: Stir in the the fresh chopped cilantro and lime juice, then salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately!
Tips for recipe success
- Don’t skip the fresh: Fresh ingredients make a world of difference in flavor. Go for the whole lime, fresh cilantro, onion, and fresh garlic.
- Buy the already riced cauliflower: of course if you want to, you can make cauliflower rice yourself, but if you can find it already done for you this recipe comes together much more quickly.
- Season to taste: Craving even more zesty flavor? Add more lime juice. Love cilantro? You can’t go wrong with throwing a bit more in there. Wait until the end to salt and pepper then taste and adjust to your liking.
Our favorite way to serve this rice is paired with fajita veggies, crispy tofu, black beans, salsa, and all the fixings.
This would also be delicious as a side dish, or in a low carb mexican rice casserole.
This cilantro lime cauliflower rice is the perfect keto & low carb side dish.
It is flavorful alone or paired with other favorite foods!
Try making this chipotle inspired dish at home for a delicious and veggie packed side.
More Mexican Inspired Recipes
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 16 oz fresh riced cauliflower
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat
- Add the yellow onion and stir for 3 - 5 minutes, until soft
- Add garlic and stir for one minute, until fragrant
- Add the cauliflower rice and sauté, stirring often, for 7 - 10 minutes, until softened
- Add cilantro and lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Toss it all together and serve immediately
How to buy cauliflower rice for this recipe
This recipe uses riced cauliflower which you can find pre bagged in the produce section. You can also make your own by grating a head of cauliflower. Frozen cauliflower rice would not work as well in this recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g