Mushroom ramen noodles cooked in homemade stir fry sauce. This delicious asian inspired recipe is easy to make and will be a family favorite!
These asian mushroom ramen noodles taste just as good (or better!) than your favorite takeout.
This dish is made with fresh garlic and ginger, sweet yellow onion, and tons of mushrooms.
Ramen noodles and an easy 3 ingredient stir fry sauce bring it all together!
If you are a fan of mushrooms, this is the perfect stir fry for you!
I took my cabbage stir fry recipe and made a few tweaks to make a very similar and equally delicious mushroom stir fry.
If you have never tried to make stir fry at home, this is the perfect beginner recipe!
How to make mushroom ramen noodles
First, we start off with the essential base for any stir fry recipe: fresh garlic and ginger, and sliced onion.
Garlic and ginger are key to getting that oriental flavor in your stir fry recipes, so do not skip it!
You can read more about this in my post on what are the best vegetables to put in stir fry?
Since mushrooms are the star of the dish, we are using two kinds.
For this recipe, we are using 16 oz of sliced baby bella mushrooms.
And 5 oz of golden oak shitake sliced mushrooms!
These are my favorite “fancy” mushrooms.
The great part of this recipe though is that it will work with any type of mushroom, so just use what you can find!
To make the mushroom ramen noodles, you will need a large skillet or jumbo cooker.
Add the ginger, garlic, yellow onion, baby bella mushrooms, golden oak shitake mushrooms, and sesame oil to the skillet.
Cook over medium high heat for around 30 minutes or so, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms have released all of their liquid and cooked down.
After the water evaporates, the mushrooms will get the chance to stick a little to the cooking dish and get those yummy browned edges!
Once the mushrooms are almost finished cooking, bring to a boil a pot of water and cook 3 blocks of instant ramen noodles.
Discard the flavor packets, you will not use those.
Go ahead and shake together a batch of the stir fry sauce and have it ready.
Once the ramen noodles are done, add them to the cooked mushrooms and pour the stir fry sauce over the top.
Heat for 3 – 5 minutes, and use tongs to mix it all together to allow the stir fry sauce to coat everything evenly.
Your mushroom ramen noodles are now ready to serve!
These are delicious as is, but we love to top ours with a hit of sweet chili sauce.
Sweet chili sauce makes just about any stir fry recipe taste even better!
Serve as is or along with your favorite protein.
Tofu, chickpeas, chicken, or beef would all work.
More tasty stir fry recipes you will love
- Stir Fry Vegetables
- Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
- Broccoli Tofu Stir Fry
- Teriyaki Noodles
- Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
- Broccoli Stir Fry
- Broccoli with Garlic Sauce
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Asian Mushroom Ramen Noodles Recipe
- 3 blocks (9 oz) ramen noodles, flavor packets discarded
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 16 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 5 oz golden oak shitake sliced mushrooms
For the sauce
- 1 batch of this stir fry sauce
- sweet chili sauce to taste
- Add garlic, ginger, onion, mushrooms, and 3 tablespoons of sesame oil to a large skillet or jumbo cooker
- Cook over medium high heat for 30 minutes or so, stirring often, until mushrooms release liquid and cook down. You will know they are done once all of the water has evaporated and the mushrooms start to stick to the skillet and get those tasty browned edges on them
- Once the mushrooms are almost done, boil a pot of hot water and cook 3 blocks of instant ramen noodles. Discard the flavor packets, you will not use them.
- Shake together a batch of the homemade stir fry sauce
- Once the ramen noodles are cooked, add them to the mushrooms, and pour the stir fry sauce over the top
- Use tongs to stir and cook an additional 3 - 5 minutes, until the sauce is coated and the mushrooms are mixed with the noodles
- Serve as is or top with sweet chili sauce (so good!)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 10g