Mushroom ramen noodles cooked in homemade stir fry sauce. This delicious asian inspired recipe is easy to make and will be a family favorite!
These asian mushroom noodles taste just as good (or better!) than your favorite takeout.
Saucy noodles are tossed with perfectly cooked mushrooms, fresh garlic and ginger, and the best homemade stir fry sauce gives it all the flavor.
Top with sweet chili sauce and you have a dish that will rival any takeout favorite.
This is one of our favorite ramen noodle recipes along with these Sesame Garlic Ramen Noodles.
We love takeout inspired recipes like stir fry vegetables, orange cauliflower, and ramen noodle stir fry.
If you are a fan of mushrooms, this is the perfect stir fry for you! I don’t know about you, but we love stir fry recipes like teriyaki mushrooms.
I took my cabbage stir fry recipe and made a few tweaks to make a very similar and equally delicious mushroom stir fry.
If you have never tried to make stir fry at home, this is the perfect beginner recipe!
Ingredients to make asian mushroom noodles
- ramen noodles
- fresh ginger and garlic: these ingredients are key to achieving the best stir fry flavor!
- yellow onion
- sesame oil
- baby bella mushrooms
- golden oak shitake mushrooms: or substitute more baby bella mushrooms
- homemade stir fry sauce
- sweet chili sauce, for serving
First, we start off with the essential base for any stir fry recipe: fresh garlic and ginger, and sliced onion.
Garlic and ginger are key to getting that oriental flavor in your stir fry recipes, so do not skip it!
You can read more about this in my post on what are the best vegetables to put in stir fry?
Since mushrooms are the star of the dish, we are using two kinds.
For this recipe, we are using 16 oz of sliced baby bella mushrooms.
And 5 oz of golden oak shitake sliced mushrooms!
These are my favorite “fancy” mushrooms.
The great part of this recipe though is that it will work with any type of mushroom, so just use what you can find!
How to make mushroom ramen noodles
To make these mushroom noodles, you will need a large skillet or jumbo cooker.
Step 1: Add the ginger, garlic, yellow onion, baby bella mushrooms, golden oak shitake mushrooms, and sesame oil to the skillet.
Step 2: Cook over medium high heat for around 30 minutes or so, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms have released all of their liquid and cooked down.
After the water evaporates, the mushrooms will get the chance to stick a little to the cooking dish and get those yummy browned edges!
Step 3: Once the mushrooms are almost finished cooking, bring to a boil a pot of water and cook 3 blocks of instant ramen noodles. Discard the flavor packets, you will not use those.
Step 4: shake together a batch of the stir fry sauce and have it ready.
Step 5: Once the ramen noodles are finished cooking, add them to the cooked mushrooms and pour the stir fry sauce over the top.
Step 6: Heat for 3 – 5 minutes, and use tongs to mix it all together to allow the stir fry sauce to coat everything evenly.
Your mushroom ramen noodles are now ready to serve!
These are delicious as is, but we love to top ours with a hit of sweet chili sauce.
Sweet chili sauce makes just about any stir fry recipe taste even better!
Serve as is or along with your favorite protein.
Tofu, chickpeas, chicken, or beef would all work.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More tasty stir fry recipes
We can’t get enough of this delicious asian mushroom ramen recipe!
This dish reheats perfectly and makes a large amount of food.
You just can’t beat the taste of making your own takeout inspired food from scratch.
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Asian Mushroom Ramen Noodles
These mushroom noodles with homemade stir fry sauce are so delicious!
- 3 blocks (9 oz) ramen noodles, flavor packets discarded
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 16 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 5 oz golden oak shitake sliced mushrooms
For the sauce
- 1 batch of this stir fry sauce
- sweet chili sauce to taste
- Add the garlic, ginger, onion, mushrooms, and 3 tablespoons of sesame oil to a large skillet or jumbo cooker
- Cook over medium high heat for 30 minutes or so, stirring often, until mushrooms release liquid and cook down. You will know they are done once all of the water has evaporated and the mushrooms start to stick to the skillet and get those tasty browned edges on them
- Once the mushrooms are almost done, boil a pot of hot water and cook 3 blocks of instant ramen noodles. Discard the flavor packets, you will not use them.
- Shake together a batch of the homemade stir fry sauce in a mason jar
- Once the ramen noodles are cooked, add them to the mushrooms, and pour the stir fry sauce over the top
- Use tongs to stir and cook an additional 3 - 5 minutes, until the sauce is coated and the mushrooms are mixed with the noodles
- Serve topped with sweet chili sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 10g
Thursday 14th of July 2022
So delish! Will make again.
Sunday 7th of November 2021
Can you freeze this?
Tuesday 26th of October 2021
There is no measurements for the stirfry sauce any help with that?
Saturday 6th of November 2021
the recipe for the stir fry sauce is linked in the recipe card
Tuesday 12th of January 2021
What kind of sesame oil do you use?
Friday 15th of January 2021
Toasted sesame oil or original sesame oil will both work fine.
Wednesday 18th of November 2020
I made the recipe and sauce batch exactly as specified, and it was definitely too salty for me. I'd suggest starting with half or three quarters of the stir fry sauce. I also added brown sugar, since there was no sweetness in this recipe, other than the optional sweet red chili sauce. Overall pretty good though.
Wednesday 18th of November 2020
Did you use low sodium soy sauce?