This easy recipe for teriyaki vegetable stir fry comes together in just a few minutes and tastes better than takeout!
Stir fry recipes are one of my very favorite things.
Inspired by these recipes I set out to create a classic teriyaki vegetable recipe that is not only delicious, but easy to make!
Ingredients to make teriyaki stir fry vegetables
- yellow onion
- carrots: whole or baby carrots
- broccoli florets
- garlic: always fresh
- mushrooms: any variety will work
- olive oil: or other neutral oil
- homemade teriyaki sauce
How to make teriyaki vegetables
Step 1: Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat to medium high heat.
Add the onion, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, and garlic to the skillet.
Cook the vegetables over medium heat for around 20-25 minutes, until softened.
Step 2: While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the homemade teriyaki sauce in a separate sauce pan.
Step 3: Once the vegetables have finished cooking, pour in the teriyaki sauce and stir to combine.
Note: this recipe is intended to be very sauce, which makes it perfect for serving over rice or noodles as there will be plenty of sauce to coat everything.
We love the mild and sweet flavor of teriyaki vegetables.
Even my kids loved it and one of them was licking sauce off the plate.
If you haven’t made teriyaki before at home this recipe is a great place to start!
It is really easier than it seems and tastes so delicious.
What to serve stir fry over
These teriyaki vegetables serve well over white rice for a traditional dish. Other options are brown rice, rice noodles, or ramen noodles.
More stir fry recipes
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 5 small carrots, cut into strips (around 1 ½ cups worth)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 7 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 batch teriyaki sauce
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium high heat
- Add the yellow onion, carrots, broccoli, garlic, and mushrooms and cook for 20-25 minutes, until the vegetables have cooked down and softened but are not mushy
- While the vegetables are cooking, make a batch of the homemade teriyaki sauce and pour it over the vegetables. Stir to combine
- Serve the teriyaki vegetables over white rice, brown rice, or stir fry noodles.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 941mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 5gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g