Easy and delicious ramen noodle cabbage stir fry recipe with carrots, stir fry sauce, and fresh garlic and onion. Serve topped with sweet chili sauce for the perfect bite!
It’s no secret that I have a love for homemade stir fry recipes.
This recipe that I am sharing today is just 10 ingredients and so easy to make!
how to make cabbage stir fry
First, remove the core from a green cabbage and thinly slice the cabbage until you measure 5 cups worth.
Try to slice it as thinly as possible for best texture.
Grate the carrots and finely mince the ginger and garlic.
Dice up a yellow onion.
In a large skillet or jumbo cooker combine the cabbage, ginger, garlic, carrots, onion, and 2 tablespoons of sesame oil.
Turn the heat to medium high and stir often, until cabbage is wilted and onion is soft as pictured below.
This will take around 15 – 20 minutes.
When the veggies are close to being done cooking, prepare the ramen noodles.
Once the noodles are cooked, add them to the cabbage stir fry along with the homemade stir fry sauce.
Cook for an additional 3 – 5 minutes, stirring well, until sauce coats the entire stir fry.
From here you can taste and add more soy sauce (if you like a saltier stir fry), or you’re ready to eat!
I love using ramen noodles in stir fry and they’re perfect in this one.
For this cabbage noodle stir fry, you absolutely MUST top it with sweet chili sauce!
The salty nutty flavor of the stir fry pairs perfectly with the sweet slightly spicy sweet chili sauce.
The sweetness also balances out the natural slight bitterness that cabbage can sometimes have.
Just pour a little on top of your bowl and stir it all in!
Literally heaven in every bite and so fast to throw together.
This makes a very large amount (yay for leftovers!)
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Ramen noodle cabbage stir fry recipe
- 8 - 9 oz ramen noodles
- 5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
For the sauce
- 1 batch of this stir fry sauce
- sweet chili sauce to taste
- Remove the core from a green cabbage and thinly slice 5 cups worth of cabbage
- Dice the yellow onion and mince the fresh garlic and ginger
- Grate the carrots
- Add the cabbage, ginger, garlic, carrots, onion, and sesame oil to a large skillet or jumbo cooker
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring often, for 15 - 20 minutes, or until cabbage is wilted and onion is softened
- In the last 5 minutes of cook time, prepare the ramen noodles according to package instructions
- Once the cabbage stir fry is done, add in the cooked ramen noodles and homemade stir fry sauce
- Cook for 3 - 5 minutes until well coated and combined
- Add soy sauce to taste, if desired (I did not add any more)
- Serve stir fry topped with sweet chili sauce
1. I used organic ramen noodles, so it was a total of 8.4 oz. If using regular ramen most are 3 oz each so you would need 3 blocks.
This stir fry is intended to be topped with sweet chili sauce. It's the perfect slightly sweet and spicy contrast to the mild bitterness of the cabbage. Don't skip this!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 103mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g