This roasted teriyaki cauliflower recipe is so delicious. Perfect little bites of cauliflower that are tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Crispy breaded cauliflower is one of the best ways to enjoy vegetarian or vegan stir fry recipes.
It is a great basic starter that absorbs sauces like a dream!
It is also a great way to enjoy more vegetables at dinner time.
Orange cauliflower is my version of vegan orange chicken and is crazy delicious, so I just knew I had to try the same recipe but with Teriyaki Sauce!
This teriyaki cauliflower is a great veganized take on Teriyaki Chicken!
I will show you how to make your own homemade teriyaki sauce that I have used for recipes like this teriyaki cauliflower, teriyaki vegetables teriyaki tofu, and teriyaki ramen noodles.
Ingredients to make teriyaki cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower
- all purpose flour
- panko bread crumbs
- garlic powder, onion powder, salt
- homemade teriyaki sauce
how to make teriyaki cauliflower
Start by cutting a head of cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Preparing the batter and breading
In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the cauliflower batter: water, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
Place the panko bread crumbs in a separate bowl. These will be the breading for the cauliflower bites.
Dip each cauliflower wing in the batter, shake off the excess, then roll in the panko bread crumbs. Once coated, place the cauliflower bites onto the prepared baking sheet.
Baking the cauliflower bites
Bake the cauliflower bites at 425 degrees for 20 – 30 minutes, flipping at least once, until they are crispy on all sides.
Making the teriyaki sauce
During the last 15 minutes of the bake time, go ahead and prepare the homemade teriyaki sauce.
The recipe is linked in the ingredient section located at the bottom of this post.
The sauce only takes about 10 minutes to make and only a few minutes to prep.
You will never go back to store bought teriyaki sauce again after trying this recipe!
Coating the cauliflower wings in teriyaki sauce
Once the little bites of cauliflower are crispy on all sides, toss them with the homemade teriyaki sauce.
You can garnish with white sesame seeds and sliced green onions, if desired.
I enjoyed this by itself, but this teriyaki cauliflower would also be delicious served over white rice, brown rice, cauliflower rice, or your favorite stir fry noodles!
The outside stays crispy while the inside is so tender and perfectly cooked.
This might just be my new favorite cauliflower recipe!
More stir fry recipes
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Homemade breaded crispy baked teriyaki cauliflower bites recipe
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅓ cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 batch of this homemade teriyaki sauce
- Cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl, mix together the batter: water, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt
- Place the panko bread crumbs in a separate bowl
- Dip each cauliflower floret in the batter, shake off the excess, and roll in the panko bread crumbs to coat. Once coated, place the cauliflower on the parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Repeat until all cauliflower are dipped and breaded
- Bake the cauliflower bites for 20 - 30 minutes, flipping at least once, until crispy on all sides
- During the last 15 minutes of cook time, prepare a batch of the homemade teriyaki sauce linked in the recipe ingredients
- Once the cauliflower is done, toss with the teriyaki sauce
- Serve topped with optional white sesame seeds and sliced green onions for garnish. Enjoy alone, or over white rice, cauliflower rice, brown rice, or stir fry noodles of choice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1142mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 4gSugar: 15gProtein: 8g
Monday 14th of March 2022
I will be making this tomorrow for dinner. This recipe looks easy and delicious. I got some "orange" colored cauliflower. Will this make any difference? Tyvm!
Tuesday 22nd of March 2022
Any color cauliflower is fine!