These cake mix blueberry muffins are made with a box of cake mix and a simple streusel topping. Bakery style muffins made in a fraction of the time!
Cake mix recipes are one of our favorite time saving hacks for making delicious homemade treats in a fraction of the time.
These cake mix blueberry muffins are incredibly light and fluffy, sweet, and taste like they are fresh from a bakery. We love making muffins from cake mix like these cake mix chocolate chip muffins and cake mix banana muffins.
Craving something sweet for breakfast or a snack?
With homemade simple streusel and a hint of fresh lemon zest, these are guaranteed to be an irresistible treat you will love!
It’s a toss up between whether these or my mini chocolate chip muffins are my favorite muffin ever.
Ingredients needed to make blueberry muffins
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix
- fresh blueberries
- lemon zest
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- butter, flour & brown sugar: for the streusel topping
How to make muffins from cake mix
Step 1: Grate the lemon zest fresh.
Add the eggs, milk, lemon zest, and olive oil to a bowl.
Whisk the wet ingredients until completely combined.
Step 2: Open up a box of vanilla cake mix and place it in a bowl.
Mix the wet ingredients into the cake mix, stirring until just combined.
Step 3: Rinse and pat the blueberries dry.
Fold the blueberries into the cake mix muffin batter gently with a rubber spatula.
Step 4: Make the streusel topping for the blueberry muffins. Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and flour in a bowl.
Stir until the mixture is combined like the picture below.
Step 5: Line a muffin tin with muffin liners. Distribute the blueberry muffin batter evenly into the muffin tins.
Step 6: Distribute the streusel topping over the muffin batter.
Step 7: Bake the cake mix blueberry muffins at 350 degrees for 23-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
You kitchen will be smelling like a bakery.
These muffins not only taste incredible but no one will guess they are made from cake mix: our little secret!
More cake mix recipes
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Love blueberry muffins? Be sure to also bake some of these mini blueberry muffins!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 15 oz box vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
For the streusel topping
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Add the vanilla cake mix to a large mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, lemon zest, and oil
- Stir the wet ingredients into the cake mix until just combined using a rubber spatula
- Fold in the fresh blueberries
- To make the streusel, combine the flour, brown sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl until the mixture resembles wet sand
- Line a muffin tin with 12 liners
- Distribute the muffin batter into the muffin cups. Top with the streusel topping
- Bake the blueberry muffins at 350 degrees for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 283mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g