Cake mix Christmas cookies are an easy and festive holiday dessert. Made with just 4 ingredients and boxed of yellow cake mix, these are sure to be a hit!
Cake mix recipes are one of my favorite hacks for making homemade treats in a fraction of the time.
Ingredients to make cake mix Christmas cookies
- cake mix: we used yellow cake mix, but chocolate cake mix would also work
- oil: any neutral oil like vegetable or olive oil
- Christmas red & green M&M’s
how to make Christmas cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 1: add the yellow cake mix, eggs, and oil to a bowl.
Mix well to combine.
Step 2: Fold 1 cup of Christmas colored M&M’s in to the cookie batter.
Mix with a rubber spatula until the Christmas cookie batter is well combined with the M&M’s.
Step 3: Add the cookie batter to a baking sheet and top with additional M&M’s.
Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes
Once the cookies are removed from the oven, allow them to rest on the baking pan for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Tip: To get those pretty circle edges on the cookies, use a rubber spatula to gently poke the edges of the cookies immediately after taking them out of the oven. You can gently form them into a more circular shape this way before they cool down.
These cake mix Christmas cookies were a hit! They stay soft after cooling and the M&M’s make them so festive.
These xmas cookies are seriously yummy and so simple to throw together.
This would be a great Christmas dessert to make for a holiday party, bake sale, you name it.
Give them a try this holiday season!
More Easy Christmas Recipes
- Christmas Crack
- Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- Graham Cracker Toffee
- Peanut Clusters
- No Bake Avalanche Cookies
- Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 15 oz box of yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 10 oz bag of Christmas red & green M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Add the yellow cake mix, eggs, and oil to a bowl. Mix to combine
- Fold 1 cup of Christmas M&M’s in to the cookie batter using a rubber spatula
- Spoon the Christmas cookie batter onto a baking sheet and top with additional M&M’s
- Bake the cookies at 350 for 10-12 minutes, then allow to cool 3 minutes on the pan before transferring to a wire cooling rack
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g