Craving chocolate chip muffins? Make these bakery style chocolate chip muffins using a box of yellow cake mix. Perfectly soft, fluffy, and so easy to make!
These are the easiest chocolate chip muffins!
Ever since I discovered that cake mix blueberry muffins tasted just as good as any bakery muffin I had ever tasted, I knew I needed to create a chocolate chip version.
These cake mix chocolate chip muffins are so soft, fluffy, and taste like they are fresh from a bakery.
Similar to my bakery style chocolate chip muffins, but made easier thanks to a box of yellow cake mix and a few simple ingredients! We are big fans of cake mix when you are short on time.
Ingredients to make chocolate chip muffins
- yellow cake mix
- melted butter
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- granulated sugar, for topping (optional, but adds a nice little crunch on top!)
How to make cake mix chocolate chip muffins
Step 1: Whisk the eggs, milk, and melted butter until combined in a mixing bowl.
Step 2: Add the cake mix to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
Step 3: Reserve some of the chocolate chips for topping, then fold the rest of them into the muffin batter using a rubber spatula.
Step 4: Line a muffin tin with 12 parchment paper muffin cups. Distribute the muffin batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups , then top with additional chocolate chips and optional granulated sugar sprinkle.
Step 5: Bake the chocolate chip muffins at 350 degrees for 20-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Transfer the muffins to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before storing.We absolutely love how easy and flavorful these chocolate chip muffins!
They are perfectly sweet, so soft, and there is rich melted chocolate in every bite.
Cake mix muffins really are one of the best hacks for when you are craving homemade muffins but want a super simple recipe.
These chocolate chip muffins will disappear quickly in your house, that’s for sure. Try making these next time you are craving homemade muffins! You just can’t go wrong with a bakery style chocolate chip muffin like this.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
These are definitely some of the best chocolate chip muffins I have ever tasted!
Be sure to give these a try for a delicious homemade treat.
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 15 oz box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Granulated sugar, for topping (optional)
- Whisk the eggs, milk, melted butter until combined
- Add the cake mix and stir until just combined (do not over mix)
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and reserve some for topping
- Line a muffin tin with 12 parchment paper muffin cups
- Distribute the muffin batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups , then top with additional chocolate chips and sprinkle on the optional granulated sugar
- Bake the chocolate chip muffins at 350 degrees for 20-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g