All you need is just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to prep these cake mix brownies! An easy and crowd pleasing dessert thanks to our secret ingredient: dark chocolate fudge cake mix.
These Cake Mix Brownies are the best!
These cake mix brownies are a ridiculously simple dessert that you can throw together in about 5 minutes flat. Don’t have brownie mix on hand? I’ve got you covered.
Ingredients needed to make these brownies
- chocolate cake mix
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
While I love a good dessert made from scratch, sometimes you need those secret weapon recipes to throw together a crowd pleasing dessert in only minutes.
How to make brownies from cake mix
First, you’ll need a box of your favorite chocolate cake mix. Add the cake mix, olive oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips to a large bowl. Use a rubber spatula or spoon to mix until completely combined.
For this recipe, I used Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge, but any chocolate cake mix will work.
Spray an 8 X 8 baking dish with cooking spray, then add the batter in.
Smush it down into the edges, and flatten out any lumps. Bake the brownies at 350 degrees until done, around 20 – 25 minutes!
Allow them to cool completely before cutting for easiest results. If you’re like me, this is pretty much impossible!
I have been known to ruin batches of brownies because I just couldn’t wait to dig in and try one.
Share these at a party, with your friends and neighbors, or just make it for yourself when you deserve a treat.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 15 oz box chocolate cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge)
- ½ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Add cake mix, oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and semi sweet chocolate chips to a bowl and use a rubber spatula to mix until well combined.
- Transfer the cake mix brownie batter to a greased 8 X 8 baking dish
- Bake the brownies at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (mine were perfect right at 25 minutes)
- For best results, allow brownies to cool completely before cutting
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g