Baked cinnamon apples are the best fall dessert! Serve these caramelized apples with vanilla ice cream for a delicious treat.
Need a recipe to use up those extra apples from apple picking?
Well you just can’t get more delicious than these baked cinnamon apples.
Granny smith apple slices are baked to golden brown bubbly perfection and served hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
This recipe uses all pantry ingredients that you probably have at home already.
Next time you visit the apple orchard, make a batch of these cinnamon apples to make your house smell heavenly!
Ingredients needed to make baked cinnamon apples
- granny smith apples: peeled and thinly sliced
- brown sugar
- corn starch: to thicken that yummy caramelized sauce
- salted butter
- lemon juice
How to make cinnamon apples in the oven
Step 1: Peel and thinly slice the granny smith apples. Place the apples in the bottom of a greased 9 by 13 baking dish.
Step 2: Add the brown sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, and lemon juice and stir to mix it together with the apples.
Step 3: Top with the butter, cut into half tablespoon sized pieces. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
Step 4: Bake the apples at 375 for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
After 45 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes until they are browned and bubbly.
You can serve baked cinnamon apples as a side dish or a dessert!
For dessert we love to top our apples warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to melt on top.
It tastes like apple pie!
The mouthwatering smell of the apples baking is an added bonus to this recipe.
Make your house smell like fall with the cozy smells of fresh picked apples baking.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
We love baked cinnamon apples for an easy dessert for fall and the holidays.
Try these for the autumn season!
- 2 lbs granny smith apples (5 or 6 large)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Peel and thinly slice the apples. Place the apples in the bottom of a greased 9 by 13 baking dish
- Add the brown sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, and lemon juice and stir to mix it together with the apples
- Top the cinnamon apples with the butter, cut into half tablespoon sized pieces
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes until the baked cinnamon apples are browned and bubbly
- Serve hot topped with vanilla ice cream
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g