This cake mix apple cobbler also known as apple dump cake is our favorite easy fall dessert! Make homemade apple cobbler in a fraction of the time with this recipe.
Cake mix apple cobbler is the best!
Making apple cobbler with cake mix is an easy way to make this family favorite dessert in no time!
Also known as apple dump cake, this delicious fall dessert is made with thinly sliced apples seasoned with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and baked with an easy cobbler topping made from cake mix.
Every fall I’m always ready for all the apple and pumpkin recipes. Some of our favorites include apple crisp bars, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, cake mix pumpkin bars, apple crisp, mini pumpkin muffins, and pumpkin cream pie.
Why we love this easy apple cobbler
- Easy to make: yellow cake mix is a time saver to make the cobbler topping
- Basic ingredients: made with granny smith apples and pantry spices, the filling comes together quickly!
- Family favorite: Everyone loves apple desserts, and this apple dump cake is delicious served with a scoop of cold vanilla ice cream!
Ingredients to make apple dump cake
- granny smith apples
- brown sugar
- seasonings: cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
- cake mix
How to make apple cobbler using cake mix
Step 1: Peel and cut the granny smith apples into thin slices and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to the sliced apples.
Use a spoon to mix together the brown sugar and seasonings until the apples are completely coated.
Step 2: In a separate bowl, mix together the yellow cake mix, milk, and melted butter until it forms a thick batter.
Step 3: Grease a 9 by 13 baking dish and pour the apple slices into it. Pour the cake mix cobbler batter over the top of the apples, then use a rubber spatula to spread it out evenly.
Step 4: Bake the apple dump cake at 350 degrees for 38-43 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
While this is delicious all by itself, our favorite way to serve apple cobbler is warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It can’t be beat!
If you are looking for an easy apple cake recipe with fresh apples, this recipe is for you! I prefer the flavor of freshly baked apples in any baked dessert.
Try this recipe the next time you go apple picking with your family!
It is such an easy fall dessert! Fall is the time for bonfires, pumpkin patches, and baking up all of your favorite seasonal treats.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
More Fall Desserts
- Cake Mix Spice Cookies
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Cookies
- Baked Cinnamon Apples
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Give this easy apple cobbler a try this year! You won’t be disappointed.
- 5 granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 15 oz box yellow cake mix
- ¾ cup milk
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Mix together the apple slices, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl
- Transfer the apple mixture to a greased 9 by 13 baking dish
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cake mix, milk, and melted butter
- Pour the cake mix batter mixture over the apples and spread it out in an even layer
- Bake the cake mix apple cobbler at 350 degrees for 38-43 minutes, or until golden brown on top
- Serve with vanilla ice cream on top
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 359mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 2g