Spice cookies are one of my favorite childhood treats every Christmas. This easy cake mix spice cookie recipe requires just 4 ingredients and comes together in no time!
Soft and chewy spice cookies are one of our favorite desserts for the holidays and Christmas.
I love using cake mix as a shortcut for making baked goodies in a fraction of the time.
It’s such a time saver and cake mix is great for making soft and perfectly sweet baked desserts, muffins, breads, you name it!
Some of my favorite holiday recipes include frosted cake mix sugar cookies, cake mix crinkle cookies, cake mix snickerdoodles, cake mix christmas cookies, cake mix funfetti cookies, and cake mix brownies.
It couldn’t be any easier to make these chewy spiced cookies. All you need is just 4 simple ingredients that you may already have in your pantry!
Ingredients to make easy spice cookies
- spice cake mix
- oil: we use olive oil, but vegetable oil or any other neutral oil will work
- coarse granulated sugar: for rolling the cookie dough
How to make cake mix spice cookies
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the spice cake mix, eggs, and olive oil until combined.
The batter should be thick, and a little sticky.
Step 2: Roll the cookie batter into balls and roll each ball in the granulated sugar, then place on a baking sheet.
Step 3: Bake the spice cookies at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom.
Step 4: Allow the cookies to sit on the cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes before removing onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
These cookies have the best soft melt in your mouth spice taste and the sugar adds a little crunchy texture on top.
So delicious you won’t be able to stop at just one!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
These spice cookies are the best easy treat for fall and winter.
Grab a box of spice cake mix the next time you’re at the store and whip up a batch of these delicious cake mix cookies!
- 15 oz box spice cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- Coarse granulated sugar, for rolling (around ⅓ cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the spice cake mix, eggs, and olive oil until combined
- Roll the cookie batter into balls and roll each ball in the granulated sugar, then place on a baking sheet
- Bake the spice cookies at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom
- Allow the spice cookies to sit on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before removing onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g