This delicious fall apple crisp recipe is made without any gluten or dairy. Juicy bubbling apple crisp is topped with the perfect gluten free topping made with oats. Make your house smell like heaven with this easy apple dessert!
Apple crisp is a crowd pleasing dessert that not only makes your kitchen smell incredible, but makes everyone who tastes it fall in love!
Years ago, I perfected my vegan apple crisp recipe, and I am putting a spin on that to make it gluten free.
Inspired by the filling for that recipe, and using the crisp topping from this blueberry peach crisp recipe, I was able to create the ultimate gluten free apple crisp!
How to make apple crisp filling
For the filling, you will need 6 cups of granny smith apple chunks.
Once you have cut up the apples, place them in a bowl.
Next, add the lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cornstarch.
Give it a stir to combine and let it all marinate while you make the crisp topping.
How to make gluten free apple crisp topping
In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, gluten free oat flour, gluten free rolled oats, and salt.
Melt coconut oil and vegan butter in a microwave safe bowl until liquid.
Pour onto the whisked ingredients, then use a rubber spatula to mix it all together until it resembled wet sand.
Use a small baking dish or pie plate for baking.
First, add the apple filling and spread out evenly.
Top with the crisp topping spread out to cover the apples in an even layer.
Bake at 350 degrees until your gluten free apple crisp is bubbly and browned on top.
Serve with ice cream (dairy free to keep this vegan) for the perfect bite!
The baked apples topped with crunchy oat crisp are heaven in your mouth.
This recipe easily makes 10 servings or more, but be warned that you won’t be able to stop at just one serving!
This is best served fresh for best texture of the topping, but leftovers can be stored in the fridge for around 3 days.
This brown sugar, warm, gooey apple crisp is absolutely irresistible!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Apple Crisp Recipe:
For the Apple Crisp Filling
- 6 cups granny smith apple chunks
- 5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
For the Gluten Free Apple Crisp Topping
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- Cut up granny smith apples, measure 6 cups worth of chunks, and place in a large bowl
- Add the lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cornstarch for the filling and stir to combine
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, oat flour, oats, and salt
- Melt butter and coconut oil until liquid, then add to the remaining crisp ingredients
- Use a rubber spatula to mix until the crisp topping resembled wet sand
- Pour the apple filling into a small baking dish or pie pan, then spread the crisp topping evenly over the apples
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes, or until crisp is browned and apples are bubbly
- Serve with your favorite ice cream and enjoy!
Regular butter can be used in place of vegan butter if you are not dairy free.
Serve with dairy free ice cream to keep this recipe free from milk
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g