Fluffy, wholesome, and delicious, these chocolate chip muffins made with greek yogurt are the perfect breakfast treat!
Who doesn’t love chocolate chip muffins for breakfast?
These simple and wholesome muffins are made with lighter ingredients, and a hidden protein punch thanks to greek yogurt.
Made from start to finish in just 30 minutes!
how to make chocolate chip muffins with greek yogurt
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate larger mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: greek yogurt, real maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, and melted coconut oil.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet, then use a rubber spatula to mix until just combined.
Be careful not to over mix muffin batter as it can make them too dense.
Once combined, add in the mini chocolate chips.
These are preferred over regular sized, as it results in the perfect distribution of chocolate in every bite!
Mix them in, then get the muffin tin ready.
Line a muffin tin with parchment paper muffin liners.
I use these every time I make muffins, as they won’t stick to the wrapper at all!
Bake at 350 for around 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Now enjoy your chocolate fix for breakfast and don’t feel bad about it!
Each muffin has a whopping 9 grams of protein in it thanks to the yogurt.
My son Crosby loved these and they’re a great toddler approved snack!
more muffin recipes
- The Best Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread Muffins
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Add these to your weekend baking list for yummy breakfasts!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe:
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder
- In a separate larger mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, and melted coconut oil
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix together with a rubber spatula until just combined
- Reserve a few spoonfuls of chocolate chips to top the muffins, and fold the rest into the batter
- Line a muffin tin with parchment paper muffin liners, or use cooking spray for regular liners or no liners
- Divide batter into the 12 cups, then top with the reserved chocolate chips
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 - 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 184mg Carbohydrates: 46g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 18g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 9g