These greek yogurt chocolate chip muffins are light and fluffy every time, sweetened naturally with pure maple syrup, and packed full of protein! They are also super quick and easy to bake! Guaranteed to be a new favorite muffin recipe in your house.
Who doesn’t love chocolate chip muffins for breakfast?
Greek yogurt chocolate chip muffins are the ultimate breakfast muffin that everyone in your family will love.
While I’m a big fan of healthy blueberry muffins, these chocolate chip ones are perfect for when I have that sweet tooth.
These simple and wholesome muffins are made with lighter ingredients, naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup, and pack a hidden protein punch thanks to greek yogurt.
Each muffin is only around 300 calories and has 9 grams of protein!
They are super fast to make and area ready from start to finish in less than a half hour.
how to make chocolate chip muffins with greek yogurt
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients:
- whole wheat pastry flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
If you do not have whole wheat pastry flour, you can use all purpose flour in the same amount.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients:
- greek yogurt
- pure maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- melted coconut oil.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet, then use a rubber spatula to mix until just combined.
It’s key here that you do not over mix the batter.
Over mixing makes muffins denser, and we want that light and fluffy texture that everyone loves.
Once combined, add in the mini chocolate chips.
I love using mini chocolate chips instead of regular when I am making these muffins.
Mini chocolate chips means there is chocolate in every bite!
Now that you have added the mini chocolate chips, your batter will look like this.
Line a muffin tin with parchment paper muffin liners.
I use these every time I make muffins, as they won’t stick to the wrapper at all!
Parchment paper muffin liners will change you forever.
Never lose part of a muffin to the wrapper again!
Bake your greek yogurt chocolate chip muffins at 350 degrees for around 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
These greek yogurt chocolate chip muffins are:
- light and fluffy on the inside
- full of protein (9g each!)
- kid approved
- super easy to make
- made from ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry
In short, they are a winner all around!
Oh my gosh! These are by far the best muffins I’ve ever made. My husband said they tasted like chocolate chip cookies. I had to intervene because he would have ate half the pan hahaha! My kids also loved them. Thank you for this delicious, yet healthy muffin recipe.
Can I freeze these chocolate chip muffins?
Yes! One of my favorite things is to have extra muffins in the freezer.
Simply pop one out and microwave it for a quick and yummy breakfast or snack!
more muffin recipes you will love
- The Best Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread Muffins
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the greek yogurt, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, and melted coconut oil
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix together with a rubber spatula until just combined (be careful not to over mix)
- Reserve a few spoonfuls of chocolate chips to top the muffins, and fold the rest into the batter
- Line a muffin tin with parchment paper muffin liners, or use cooking spray for regular liners or no liners
- Divide batter into the 12 cups, then top with the reserved chocolate chips
- Bake the muffins at 350 degrees for 18 - 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Tips for light and fluffy texture
Be sure not to over mix the batter, as this will result in too dense muffins. The key is to mix until just combined, the same goes when you add in the chocolate chips.
How do I measure the coconut oil?
Measure the coconut oil while solid, then melt in the microwave for 15 - 45 seconds until it turns to liquid.
Can I freeze these muffins?
Yes! Simply allow the muffins to cool, then store in an a ziploc bag in your freezer. Once you are ready to eat one, microwave it 15 - 30 seconds until warm.
Can I use a different flour?
Yes! You can substitute all purpose flour for the whole wheat pastry flour. If you want are looking for a gluten free version, try my Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 4gSugar: 18gProtein: 9g