These cake mix cookies are the easiest dessert recipe made with just 3 ingredients. Make them with any flavor of cake mix and your favorite mix ins!
Cake mix cookies are my favorite easy dessert!
There is no better easy cookie recipe than box cake cookies.
Not only are they easy to make, but the flavor combinations are endless.
- Customizable: You can mix and match any flavor of cake mix with all kinds of mix ins to make the perfect simple cookie dessert for any occasion.
- Great for any occasion: Cake box cookies are great for parties, graduations, the holidays, bake sales, or something quick to whip up when you are craving something sweet.
My kids love these easy cookies and they are so simple to throw together. You can make any flavor of cookie you want!
Use that box of cake mix that is sitting in your pantry to make this simple dessert.
What are cake mix cookies made of?
You only need 3 ingredients to make easy cake box cookies! Mix ins are optional, but this is the basic recipe that you need.
- cake mix: any flavor of a regular sized box of cake mix
- eggs: you need two eggs to make these easy cookies
- oil or melted butter: you can substitute vegetable oil, olive oil, or melted butter in the same amount
How to make cake batter cookies
- Mix: Mix together the eggs, cake mix, and oil until combined. Add in your mix ins of choice
- Scoop: Use a mini cookie scoop or spoon to drop cake mix batter onto a baking sheet. Roll the batter with your hands to form the dough into circles.
- Bake: Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes
Do I need to chill the batter?
Chilling the cookie batter is optional, and not required for most cake batter cookies. Some cake mix variations such as snickerdoodles will work better with a chilled batter.
Cake mix cookie flavors
The flavor possibilities are endless! You can use any combination of cake mix and mix ins to make
- peanut butter cake mix cookies
- chocolate chip cookies: made from a box of yellow cake mix
- chocolate cookies: double chocolate cookies with chocolate chips
- funfetti cookies: soft and chewy sprinkle cookies
What can I mix into box cake cookies?
- m&m’s: use seasonal colors for different holidays
- chocolate chips: any variety
- peanut butter chips
- shredded coconut
- chopped nuts
More classic favorite cookies from cake mix
- cake mix crinkle cookies : devil’s food cake mix & rolled in powdered sugar
- spice cookies: with spice cake mix
- pumpkin cookies with cake mix: spice cake mix, canned pumpkin & chocolate chips added in
- vanilla cake mix sugar cookies: add holiday sprinkles to customize for any holiday
- christmas cookies: yellow cake mix & holiday colored m&m’s
Cake Batter Cookies FAQ
Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container or bag at room temperature for up to 3 days.
You can use any flavor of cake mix for this recipe.
Yes! Substitute an equal amount of melted and slightly cooled butter for the oil in cookies.
More cake mix recipes
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 15.25 oz box of cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil or melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Add the cake mix, eggs, and oil or butter to a mixing bowl. Mix to combine
- Fold in your mix-ins of choice (chocolate chips, nuts, m&m's, etc)
- Use a mini cookie scoop to place the batter onto a baking sheet. You can use parchment paper for easier cleanup, or a nonstick baking sheet
- Bake the cake mix cookies at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Be careful not to brown or overbake the cookies
- Remove cookies onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight bag or container at room temperature for up to 3 days
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g