These cake mix pumpkin muffins are made with just 4 ingredients and only take 5 minutes to prep!
Cake mix recipes are a great way to make something homemade in a fraction of the time!
These cake mix muffins only need 5 minutes to prep, and are ready from start to finish in just half an hour.
Perfect for when you want a pumpkin treat but don’t really feel like baking.
how to make pumpkin muffins from cake mix
Beat together a box of yellow cake mix, one can of pumpkin, the cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
Line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners (these will not stick to the muffins), and distribute the batter into 12 cups.
Sprinkle tops with brown sugar. This step is optional, but adds a nice touch!
Bake at 350 degrees for 22 – 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
How to customize these muffins
To make gluten free: simply sub a box of your favorite gluten free yellow cake mix.
To make more wholesome: use a box of more natural cake mix and top with coconut sugar.
Other fun ways to change up these muffins would be to add toppings like mini chocolate chips or pecans in place of the brown sugar.
This recipe is so easy, and so customizable!
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Bread
- Chocolate Pumpkin Butter Cups
- Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Cake mix pumpkin muffins recipe
- 1 (15 oz) box yellow cake mix
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Brown sugar, for topping (optional)
- Beat together cake mix, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon until combined
- Line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners (these will not stick to the muffins)
- Distribute batter into the 12 muffin tins
- Sprinkle tops with brown sugar (optional)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22 - 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 320mg Carbohydrates: 39g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 20g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g