These cake mix pumpkin muffins are made with a box of yellow cake mix. Just 4 ingredients and only take 5 minutes to prep! This pumpkin muffin recipe is sure to be a family favorite this fall.
These are the easiest pumpkin muffins!
Pumpkin cake mix muffins make a great fall treat that only take minutes to throw together. Cake mix recipes are a great way to make something homemade in a fraction of the time!
These cake mix muffins only need 5 minutes to prep, and are ready from start to finish in just half an hour.
Perfect for when you want a pumpkin treat along with your homemade pumpkin cold brew.
How to make pumpkin muffins from cake mix
Step 1: Beat together a box of yellow cake mix, one can of pumpkin, the cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
Step 2: Line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners (these will not stick to the muffins), and distribute the batter into 12 cups.
Tip: If you use regular liners, just spray them with cooking spray so that they do not stick.
Step 3: Sprinkle the tops of the muffin batter with brown sugar. This step is optional, but adds a nice touch!
Step 4: Bake the pumpkin muffins at 350 degrees for 22 – 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
How to customize these pumpkin muffins
- Make gluten free pumpkin muffins: simply substitute a box of your favorite gluten free yellow cake mix.
- Make it more wholesome: use a box of more natural cake mix and top with coconut sugar.
- Add toppings: Substitute the brown sugar topping for mini chocolate chips, or chopped up pecans or walnuts.
What does pumpkin replace in baking?
Pumpkin replaces oil or butter in baking, which is why we don’t need any in this recipe!
How do I store pumpkin muffins?
For best results, store muffins in an airtight container and eat within 2-4 days. Line the airtight container with paper towels for best results.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles
- Pumpkin Protein Balls
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cake
- Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
More Cake Mix Muffins
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 (15 oz) box yellow cake mix
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Brown sugar, for topping (optional)
- Beat together the yellow cake mix, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon until combined
- Line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners (these will not stick to the muffins) or spray regular muffin liners with cooking spray
- Distribute batter into the 12 muffin tins
- Sprinkle tops with brown sugar (optional)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22 - 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g