Made with just three ingredients, these chocolate covered almonds are a delicious and easy to make no-bake dessert that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Chocolate covered almonds are the best dessert!
Salty sweet desserts are my favorite, and these dark chocolate covered almonds are one of the best recipes! All you need is just three ingredients to make this easy dessert recipe.
Chocolate covered almonds are a delicious treat that perfectly pairs the rich and smooth taste of chocolate with the crunch and nutty flavor of almonds.
The sea salt on top adds a delicious salty element to contrast the chocolate. Sea salt flakes are one of my favorite ways to take the taste of chocolate desserts to the next level!
Ingredients to make chocolate covered almonds
- Almonds: raw, unsalted almonds are what you need to make this recipe
- Chocolate Chips: dark chocolate chips taste the best with almonds, but any chocolate will work. To make these vegan, be sure to choose a dairy free chocolate chip.
- Sea Salt Flakes: for topping
How to make dark chocolate covered almonds
Step 1: Place the dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 15-20 seconds. Watch the chocolate closely to avoid burning towards the end.
Step 2: Dip the almonds one by one into the melted chocolate, tap off the excess chocolate, then place onto a wax paper lined baking sheet.
Step 3: Sprinkle the chocolate covered almonds with flaked sea salt immediately before the chocolate hardens.
Step 4: Place the chocolate almonds in the fridge to harden until set.
Should chocolate covered almonds be refrigerated?
That depends on how warm your kitchen is and the time of year. You can leave them at room temperature if you will eat them within a few days.
Otherwise you can store chocolate almonds in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, or the freezer for 1 month.
Personally, I prefer to store mine in an airtight bag or container in the freezer as they last longer. Every time I was craving something sweet, I would grab a handful of these salty sweet almonds from the freezer and it was just perfect for satisfying that sweet tooth!
These would make a great no bake dessert for the holidays, or a simple sweet for any time of year.
Chocolate Almonds FAQs
You can use dark chocolate chips, semi sweet chocolate chips, or milk chocolate chips. To make these vegan, use a dairy free semi sweet or dark chocolate chip.
Store in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More Easy Desserts
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
If you seek a healthier dessert option, you’ll be impressed by these yummy chocolate covered almonds. It’s a great light sweet treat for any occasion!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Sea salt flakes, for topping
- Place the dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 15-20 seconds. Watch closely to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Dip the almonds one by one into the melted chocolate with a fork, tap off the excess chocolate, then place on a wax paper lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle the chocolate covered almonds immediately with flaked sea salt before the chocolate sets
- Place in fridge to harden until set
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to a month.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g