Ritz cracker toffee is salty and sweet and so simple to make. Melted butter and brown sugar are made into a sticky toffee that is poured over ritz crackers then topped with melted chocolate chips. A must make ritz holiday treat!
Ritz Cracker Toffee is salty, sweet, and so addictive! This toffee and ritz cracker cookies are two of our favorite holiday salty sweet treats.
Similar to classic Christmas crack, Graham Cracker Toffee, and Chocolate caramel pretzel bars, this easy to make holiday treat is so delicious!
All you need to make this easy toffee is ritz crackers, butter, brown sugar, and chocolate chips.
How to make ritz cracker toffee
Step 1: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place around 50 ritz crackers in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
Step 2: In a medium saucepan on the stove, melt butter and brown sugar and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, stir the mixture constantly for 2 – 3 minutes, until thick.
There is no need for a candy thermometer for this recipe.
Step 3: Pour the toffee mixture over the ritz crackers, and use a rubber spoon or spatula to spread it out evenly.
Step 4: Bake for a few minutes, until bubbly.
Step 5: Sprinkle chocolate chips (semi sweet) over the top of the toffee covered ritz crackers.
Allow the chocolate chips to set for a few minutes to melt, then use a rubber spatula to spread the chocolate out evenly.
Step 6: Place the ritz toffee in the fridge or freezer for an hour or two, until hardened.
Use your hands to break the toffee into pieces.
Store any leftovers in the freezer in an airtight ziploc bag for best texture.
If you are a fan of salty sweet treats, this ritz dessert is a dream come true.
Buttery ritz crackers are my favorite, and go so well with this sweet dessert!
If you want a change from the traditional saltine toffee crack, this ritz cracker version is a great choice! This Christmas treat is hard to resist.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More holiday recipes
- Pecan Pie Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Christmas Cookie Bars
- Peanut Clusters
- Puppy Chow
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Ritz Cracker Toffee
Ritz cracker toffee is salty and sweet and so simple to make. Melted butter and brown sugar are made into a sticky toffee that is poured over ritz crackers then topped with melted chocolate chips.
- 50 ritz crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 10 oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place ritz crackers on the sheet and spread out into rows
- In a sauce pan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil
- Boil, stirring constantly, for 2 - 3 minutes, until thickened
- Pour over ritz crackers and spread out evenly with a rubber spoon or spatula
- Bake at 350 degrees for 3 - 5 minutes, until the edges start to brown and bubble
- Remove from oven and sprinkle immediately with the chocolate chips over the top
- Allow chocolate chips to set and melt for around 5 minutes, then use the back of a spoon or spatula to spread the chocolate out evenly
- Place ritz toffee in the fridge or freezer for 1 - 2 hours, until set
- Once hardened, use your hands to break the toffee into pieces
- Store leftover ritz toffee in an airtight ziploc bag in the freezer
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
Friday 20th of January 2023
Well, I’m on my fourth pan now. It’s pretty incredible! I suppose I should have shared more than just the one pan that I managed to force myself to share. Maybe next time. ;)
Tuesday 10th of January 2023
Awesome dessert. Made it twice now. Easy, quick and delicious. Doesn't last long. Gone in no time!
Friday 18th of November 2022
This Ritz Cracker Toffee is great and highly addicting! So super easy to make!
Wednesday 9th of December 2020
wouldn't it be just as easy to melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and pour the melted chocolate over the crackers?
Thursday 10th of December 2020
No, that would actually take longer! When you sprinkle the chips over the top, the heat from the oven baking it melts them for you!