Chocolate protein balls made with cashew butter and pure maple syrup.
A no bake treat to satisfy your chocolate cravings!
Every time I spend $5 on another tiny container of healthy ice cream, I remember why it is that I like to keep treats on hand in the freezer for times like this.
Protein balls are one of my favorite ways to curb my nighttime (and noonday) sweet tooth.
These chocolate protein balls not only satisfy any chocolate craving, but the protein helps me stay fuller longer. Win win!
This recipe is naturally gluten free, not too sweet, and made with simple wholesome ingredients.
How to make chocolate protein balls
- First, whisk together your cashew butter and maple syrup
- Add the cacao, protein powder, salt, oat flour, and coconut flour.
- Stir to combine, then use your hands to knead it up until a ball forms. The batter should not be sticky at this point.
- Roll batter into balls
- Store in the fridge or freezer
I don’t know about you, but every single night I get cravings for something salty, followed by something sweet.
That can easily add up calorie wise, so a protein ball is definitely a healthier way for me to keep my body fueled and my sweet tooth happy.
I love cashew butter in this recipe, but you could sub peanut butter or any other nut butter you want.
I love experimenting with different flavors of protein balls and the flavor possibilities are endless.
Last time, I made cookies and cream protein balls and they were so good too!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Be sure to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More protein powder recipes I love:
- Cookies and Cream Protein Balls
- Chocolate Cashew Protein Bars
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Magic Protein Mug Cake
pin these vegan protein balls:
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Chocolate Protein Balls Recipe:
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup vegan vanilla protein powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- Whisk cashew butter and maple syrup until combined
- Add remaining ingredients and use a rubber spatula to mix
- Finish by kneading the batter with your hands to completely combine. Your batter should be dry enough to not stick to your hands at this point
- Roll batter into balls and store in the fridge or freezer
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 5g