Crockpot creamy queso cheese dip is one of my hubby’s favorite snacks for a special occasion!
We made this dip to enjoy while watching the superbowl.
Really any football game is an excuse to make this and devour it!
Whether it’s game day, graduation day, or a family get together, this queso dip is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Most queso recipes on the internet call for one common ingredient: processed cheese block (aka velveeta.)
No thank you.
I’m all about real food recipes that taste amazing, and I’m not about to eat a block of that processed junk anymore.
This recipe is just as thick, creamy, and cheesy as it should be, but without the added processed junk!
It is made using real ingredients without compromising the flavor.
I’m all about finding little ways to make your favorite foods a little more healthy.
While I wouldn’t consider this dip to be a healthy meal overall, it is made using no processed ingredients which is WAY better than other dips made with velveeta.
You need just seven ingredients and a couple hours to make this dip.
If you love cheese dips, be sure to also check out my 5 minute Nacho Cheese Sauce!
Just dump it in the crockpot and let it all start to melt together!
Once the dip is hot and bubbly, serve it up with tortilla chips to dip.
This is definitely one of my guilty pleasures. I can’t wait to make this again!
PIN this No Velveeta Queso Cheese Dip for later:
Creamy Queso Cheese Dip
- 1 block low fat organic cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa (we used medium, you can use spicy for more of a kick)
- 14 (or 1/4 cup) diced jarred tamed jalapeno peppers (be sure to buy tamed, as these are milder than normal jalapenos)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional - we added for more of a kick since we used medium salsa)
- Combine all ingredients in a 1½ quart slow cooker
- Cook on low for 1-2 hours, or until melted and hot (stir every 20 minutes or so)
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!