Stuffed portobello mushrooms – an easy, low carb, vegetarian appetizer made with cream cheese, sour cream, parmesan, and spices!
Stuffed portobello mushrooms are everything to a mushroom lover.
I am most definitely a mushroom lover, and that’s why you’ll find many mushroom recipes on my blog. From garlic butter mushrooms, to vegetarian bolognese, portobello fajitas, and more. Mushrooms are so versatile and fun to cook with!
Ingredients to make stuffed portobello mushrooms
- portobello mushrooms
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- parsley, to garnish
That’s it! These are so simple and pack a huge flavor punch. Every bite is sinfully delicious. Perfect as an appetizer, dinner side dish, or main course if you reallllyyy love mushrooms (like me!)
How to make stuffed mushrooms
First, get your cream cheese out of the fridge and let it start to soften.
Get your mushrooms ready for stuffing by rinsing them clean, then removing the stems.
Place them in a baking dish cap side down.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, parmesan, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper until well combined.
Stuff the mushrooms as full as you can get them. They should look like they have hats by the time you’re done with them!
The more of the stem you can get out, the easier the stuffing part will be. We’re going for super stuffed portobello mushrooms here.
That filling is where it’s AT.
Pop those babies in the oven and bake until the tops get all browned and delicious like this.
Sprinkle on some fresh parsley for a fun little pop of flavor and color!
These are a perfect appetizer that are sure to impress.
I would totally eat these for dinner, an appetizer, or heck just lunch (which is what I did.)
Mushroom lovers rejoice!
Vegetarian appetizer recipes
Hungry for more? Here are some more delicious vegetarian appetizer recipes!
- 5 Minute Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Best Guacamole Recipe
- Crockpot Queso Dip
- Homemade Salsa
- Roasted Garlic Butter Mushrooms
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Be sure to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite
Click HERE to pin this recipe!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Easy stuffed portobello mushrooms - an easy, low carb, vegetarian appetizer that's sure to impress!
- 16 oz portobello mushrooms
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Rinse and dry mushrooms, and remove stems
- Place cap side down in a baking dish (see photos)
- In a bowl, beat together parmesan, cream cheese, sour cream, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and basil until combined
- Stuff mushrooms with mixture using a spoon
- Bake at 375 for 20 - 25 minutes, until tops are browned
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley