Stuffed portobello mushrooms. One of the most delicious mushroom recipes. The perfect appetizer for a party!
Stuffed portobello mushrooms are everything to a mushroom lover.
They are one of the most delicious portobello mushroom recipes.
Perfect if you are planning a New Year’s Eve party!
I am most definitely a mushroom lover, and that’s why you’ll find many mushroom recipes on my blog.
Mushrooms are so versatile and fun to cook with!
Ingredients to make stuffed portobello mushrooms
- portobello mushrooms
- cream cheese
- parmesan cheese
- sour cream
- fresh parsley, to garnish
These are so simple and pack a huge flavor punch.
Every bite is melt in your mouth delicious.
Perfect as an appetizer, dinner side dish, or main course if you reallllyyy love mushrooms (like me!)
How to make stuffed mushrooms
First, get your cream cheese out of the fridge and let it start to soften.
Get your mushrooms ready for stuffing by rinsing them clean, then removing the stems.
Pat mushrooms dry to remove any excess water and remaining dirt.
Place them in a baking dish mushroom caps side down.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper until well combined.
Stuff the mushrooms as full as you can get them.
They should look like they have hats by the time you’re done with them!
The more of the stem you can get out, the easier the stuffing part will be.
We’re going for super stuffed portobello mushrooms here.
That filling is where it’s AT.
Pop those babies in the oven and bake until the tops get all browned and delicious like this.
Sprinkle on some fresh parsley for a fun little pop of flavor and color!
These are a perfect appetizer that are sure to impress.
I would totally eat these for dinner, an appetizer, or heck just lunch (which is what I did.)
Mushroom lovers rejoice!
More appetizer recipes you will love
- Easy Cheese Ball Recipe
- Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 5 Minute Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Best Guacamole Recipe
- Crockpot Queso Dip
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Stuffed portobello mushroom recipe:
- 16 oz portobello mushrooms
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Rinse and dry mushrooms, and remove stems
- Place cap side down in a baking dish (see photos)
- In a bowl, beat together parmesan, cream cheese, sour cream, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and basil until combined
- Stuff mushrooms with mixture using a spoon
- Bake at 375 for 20 - 25 minutes, until tops are browned
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g