This creamy mushroom pasta is a dinner that you will want to make again and again! Easy comfort food style cream sauce pasta made with fresh garlic and mushrooms.
If you have tried my creamy garlic mushrooms, then you know how incredible mushrooms with cream sauce is. So good that I could lick the pan!
I used that recipe as inspiration to create this creamy mushroom pasta recipe made with tons of fresh garlic, juicy mushrooms, and an easy parmesan cream sauce.
This is one dinner I crave all the time and if you love pasta this needs to be on your menu!
It is really simple to make and tastes gourmet. Sure to be a family favorite!
Ingredients to make creamy mushroom pasta
- fettuccine pasta: or pasta of choice
- sliced baby bella mushrooms
- fresh garlic, minced
- dried oregano
- Salt, to taste
- heavy cream
- parmesan cheese: fresh grated is best
- vegetable broth: or chicken broth
How to make mushroom pasta
Step 1: Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the mushrooms and minced garlic. I used 12 cloves of garlic for this recipe, or around 1 bulb of garlic.
Cook the mushrooms over medium heat, stirring regularly, for 15-20 minutes, until the mushrooms cook down and release their liquid and start to brown. There should be no liquid remaining.
Step 2: While the mushrooms are cooking, cook the fettuccine to al dente according to package instructions.
Step 3: Once the mushrooms are browned and no liquid remains, add in the heavy cream, oregano, vegetable broth, salt, and fresh parmesan cheese.
Stir the mushroom cream sauce until it is smooth and the cheese melts.
Step 4: Add the cooked fettuccini to the mushroom sauce and use tongs to toss it around to combine.
It will look like too much liquid at first, but use tongs to toss the noodles until they absorb most of the liquid.
This should take around 5 minutes.
The result is a super creamy pasta that is not dry.
Serve immediately and garnish with additional parmesan cheese, if desired.
This creamy mushroom pasta is so flavorful and comes together really quickly!
Like most cream based pastas, this is creamier when served fresh.
- Pasta: Switch it up and use another pasta that you have on hand. Spaghetti, linguini, bowtie pasta, or penne would all be great choices.
- Mushrooms: while we love the bite of baby bella mushrooms, you could also use white button mushrooms, or portobello mushrooms sliced into smaller pieces.
- Broth: We use vegetable broth, but chicken broth would also work in this recipe
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
- Cream Cheese Pasta
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Baked Tortellini
- Vegetarian Meatloaf
- Veggie Lover’s Pasta Bake
- Vegetarian Baked Ziti
- Cauliflower Fettuccini Alfredo
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
So creamy, saucy, and full of restaurant quality flavor. This is one of our favorite pasta recipes. Give this mushroom pasta a try!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Creamy Mushroom Pasta
This creamy mushroom pasta is the ultimate easy comfort food dinner!
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 10-12 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Salt, to taste
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add the mushrooms and minced garlic and cook for 15 - 20 minutes, until the mushrooms cook down and release their liquid and start to brown. There should be no liquid remaining
- Cook the fettuccine to al dente according to the package directions
- Once the mushrooms have cooked down, add the heavy cream, oregano, vegetable broth, salt, and parmesan cheese. Add the cooked fettuccine noodles and stir and toss over medium heat until the sauce is absorbed by the noodles. It will look like too much liquid at first, but use tongs to toss the noodles until they absorb most of the liquid
- Serve immediately
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 816mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
Wednesday 31st of August 2022
Very good mushroom pasta! I have to admit sometimes I have used chicken broth when I am out of vegetable stock, so either way it is really satisfyingly rich tasting. Love this recipe.