This halloween crack candy is the best easy treat for spooky season. Also known as saltine toffee candy, this sweet treat is so easy to customize with your favorite halloween candy and sprinkles.
This Halloween Crack Candy is so fun to make!
Spiders, Ghosts, Goblins, oh my! Jack-o-lanterns and Haunted Houses, Mummies and Vampires! It’s so much fun to make all the yummy Halloween treats this time of year.
Odds are you have tried the classic christmas crack, also known as saltine toffee. It’s a super simple recipe, but insanely addictive! This crack recipe is inspired by that one, but with a fun Halloween twist.
Ingredients to make halloween crack
- brown sugar
- chocolate chips
- candy corn
- eye candies
- Reese’s pieces
- Halloween sprinkles
How to make halloween saltine toffee
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Step 1: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and line the saltines up in rows.
Step 2: Melt the butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil 2-3 minutes stirring constantly, until thick.
Step 3: Pour the butter/brown sugar mixture over the saltines and spread with a rubber spatula. Bake at 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes, until browned and bubbly.
Step 4: Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Let the chocolate chips sit for 5 minutes, then spread with a rubber spatula evenly across the saltines
Step 5: Top the halloween crack with anything you want! We used eye candies, halloween themed sprinkles, reese’s pieces, and candy corns.
Step 6: Place the saltine toffee in the fridge until chocolate is hardened, or at least 1-2 hours. Break into pieces and serve!
If you love saltine toffee this is a great excuse to enjoy it for Halloween! Honestly, this dessert is not only adorable but so simple to make.
You could easily add any kind of halloween candy that you wanted to. Kids would love helping decorate this!
How to store leftovers
Store any leftover halloween crack candy in the freezer in a ziploc bag or airtight container. This will keep for awhile this way, so you can enjoy any leftovers over the next few weeks!
This is one of our favorite super easy and fun halloween recipes for parties, school, etc.
The toffee is so easy and made without a thermometer or fuss. Just simple, delicious chocolate toffee goodness!
You’ve got to make this for spooky season this year. Let me know what your put on yours!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers (35)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 10 oz bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Eye candies
- Candy corn
- Reese’s pieces
- halloween sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and line the saltines up in rows
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil 2-3 minutes stirring constantly, until thick
- Pour the butter/brown sugar mixture over the saltines and spread with a rubber spatula
- Bake at 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes, until browned and bubbly
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Let the chocolate chips sit for 5 minutes, then spread with a rubber spatula evenly across the saltines
- Top the halloween crack with whatever you want! We used eye candies, halloween sprinkles, reese’s pieces, and candy corns
- Place in fridge until chocolate is hardened, or at least 1-2 hours
- Break into pieces and serve. Store any leftovers in a ziploc bag in the freezer
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 1g