Celebrate the spooky season with these easy no bake Halloween oreo balls!
Halloween season is time for all the fun spooky treats!
Personally, I love making simple but cute recipes like these easy Halloween oreo balls.
Everyone loves oreo balls and they are so simple to make.
They are just a package of oreos crushed up with cream cheese to make a fudgy irresistible truffle ball that you dip in melted chocolate.
Decorate them with colorful sprinkles and eye candies for a fun dessert!
Ingredients to make these oreo balls
- cream cheese
- dark chocolate melting wafers
- white vanilla melting wafers
- Halloween colored sprinkles
- Candy eye balls
How to make Halloween Oreo Balls
Step 1: Add the oreos to a food processor and process into crumbs. If you do not have a food processor you can also use a ziploc gallon sized bag and a rolling pin.
The goal is just to get them as close to dust as possible.
Step 2: Add the softened cream cheese to the food processor and pulse to combine.
Now transfer the oreo ball batter to a bowl and finish mixing any remaining clumps by hand using a rubber spatula.
Step 3: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop to place oreo balls onto the baking sheet.
Roll the balls with your hands after scooping to form the perfect shape.
Chill the oreo balls for 30 minutes in the fridge or freezer to harden them. This will make it easier to dip the balls in chocolate without them falling apart.
Step 4: Melt the dark chocolate melting wafers until smooth.
Dip half of the oreo balls in dark chocolate melting wafers and top with halloween sprinkles.
Do not melt the white chocolate until you have finished with the dark chocolate.
The chocolate will cool quickly so you will want to work with just one chocolate at a time.
Step 5: Melt the white vanilla melting wafers until smooth.
Dip the other half of the oreo balls in white melting wafers and top with sprinkles and some with eye candies.
Step 6: Chill the oreo balls in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened to the touch.
Now you can transfer them to an airtight container or bag and place them in the fridge or freezer until you are ready to eat.
I personally like to store mine in the freezer as they will keep longer then I can grab one out whenever I am craving something sweet!
If you are serving oreo balls for a party I would leave them in the fridge, then get them out once you are ready to serve.
A fun halloween themed platter would be perfect for these!
These halloween truffles might be super easy, but the taste is incredible!
Fudgy, rich, and you can’t stop at just one. If you have ever had oreo balls before, you know the hype.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
This is another recipe that would be perfect for little hands to help with.
Let your kiddos decorate the sprinkles on top for a fun Halloween activity.
My kids loved to eat these and you get to be the fun mom or dad!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
If you’re looking for a last minute themed Halloween dessert, you need to make these!
All you need is just a few basic ingredients to make oreo balls, and they are always a favorite.
Give these delicious little truffles a try this Halloween!
- 36 oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- Ghiradelli Dark chocolate melting wafers
- Ghiradelli White vanilla melting wafers
- Halloween sprinkles and eye ball candies
- Add the oreos to a food processor and process into crumbs.
- Add the softened cream cheese to the food processor and pulse to combine
- Transfer the oreo ball mixture to a bowl and use a rubber spatula to finish combining the oreos with cream cheese
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Use a cookie scoop to place oreo balls onto the baking sheet
- Roll the balls with your hands after scooping
- Chill the oreo balls for 30 minutes in the fridge or freezer
- Melt the Dark chocolate wafers until smooth
- Dip half of the oreo balls in dark chocolate melting wafers and top with halloween sprinkles
- Melt the white vanilla wafers until smooth
- Dip the other half of the oreo balls in white melting wafers and top with sprinkles and eye candies
- Chill in the fridge until firm, then transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge until ready to eat
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 129mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g