This Eggnog French Toast is now one of my favorite ways to enjoy the holidays. Make this easy french toast recipe for a festive Christmas breakfast.
Eggnog french toast is all of my holiday breakfast dreams come true.
It’s so easy to make (less than 5 minutes to prep), tastes incredible, and makes you feel like you’re winning at being festive.
Want an easy and yummy family holiday tradition? Make this eggnog french toast!
Ingredients to make eggnog french toast
- butter: regular or vegan
- maple syrup: the real stuff is best!
- bread: regular or gluten free
- eggnog: regular or dairy free
- vanilla extract & cinnamon
How to make eggnog french toast
Step 1: add the eggs, eggnog, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to a shallow dish and whisk to combine.
Step 2: Heat a griddle or large skillet with butter.
Step 3: dunk slices of bread into the batter, drip off excess, and place in the skillet or on the griddle. Cook on both sides until golden brown.
Add more butter to the skillet or griddle and repeat until all of your french toast is made.
Serve with additional butter and pure maple syrup.
I used a skillet since I don’t have a griddle, and the french toast cooked around 3 – 5 minutes per side.
That time is going to depend on your skillet and stove, so just watch closely not to burn.
I personally like them with nice browned edges so I cook it a little longer to get the desired crispiness.
It was some of the best french toast I’ve tasted in my life.
This is so yummy and even if you aren’t crazy about eggnog I bet you would like this recipe.
You just can’t go wrong with this french toast!
This would be the perfect Christmas morning breakfast.
More Christmas Morning Breakfast Ideas
- Hash Brown Egg Casserole
- Self Rising Flour Cinnamon Rolls
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
If you love eggnog, be sure to make my White Chocolate Cranberry Eggnog Bread too this year!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 slices of bread
- Maple Syrup
- Whisk eggs, eggnog, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a flat bowl until thoroughly combined
- Heat a griddle or skillet with butter until melted
- Dunk bread in eggnog mixture, let excess drip off, and cook in skillet or on griddle until golden brown on both sides
- Add more butter each time you start to cook a new batch.
- Serve the eggnog french toast topped with butter and maple syrup
To make gluten free and dairy free: use dairy free eggnog, gluten free bread, and vegan butter.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 6g