Easy and delicious Cranberry Orange Muffins Recipe made with greek yogurt and whole wheat pastry flour! Make these holiday favorite muffins for your family this year!
Cranberries are one of the things that I look forward to most every fall.
I was literally stalking all of the local grocery stores this year to see when they came out for the first time!
I love how tart cranberries are and I can’t get enough of the sweet tart contrast.
I wrote a post on 8 delicious fresh cranberry recipes to make this holiday season!
How to make healthy cranberry orange muffins
Beat together greek yogurt, olive oil, orange juice, vanilla extract, eggs, and sugar until well combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add dry ingredients to wet, until just combined (do not over mix).
Fold in cranberries with a rubber spatula.
Fill muffin liners 3/4 full with batter (the recipe yields around 12 muffins).
Bake at 350 degrees for 23-26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Whisk together orange juice and powdered sugar until it forms the glaze.
Drizzle glaze over muffins and enjoy!
I love using greek yogurt in muffins as a healthy way to puff them up without a lot of oil.
Added bonus is the protein that it adds!
These muffins are insanely fluffy and light, while filled with healthier ingredients and whole wheat pastry flour.
Freshly squeezed orange juice is the way to go, and it only takes around 1 large orange for the juice that you will need for this recipe.
These healthy cranberry orange muffins would be a great healthier breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
I love cranberry and orange together – another great recipe with this combination is my Cranberry Eggnog Bread!
They are not overly sweet, and topped with an easy to make sweet orange glaze.
I love them best chilled from the fridge, as the glaze turns into an almost frosting texture.
It is so delicious!
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag us on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe photos!
Healthy Muffin Recipes
Looking for more delicious muffin recipes?
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Vegan Banana Muffins
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins
- Carrot Cake Muffins
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Banana Muffins
Be sure to follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious vegan and vegetarian recipes!
Click HERE to pin this recipe for later!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Cranberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice (see notes)
- Beat together greek yogurt, olive oil, orange juice, vanilla extract, eggs, and sugar until well combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt
- Add dry ingredients to wet, until just combined (do not over mix)
- Fold in cranberries
- Fill muffin liners 3/4 full with batter (the recipe yields around 12 muffins)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 23-26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Whisk together orange juice and powdered sugar until it forms the glaze
- Drizzle glaze over muffins
- Store in the fridge and serve warm or chilled (chilled is my favorite!)
- You can use either 1 or 2 tablespoons of orange juice for the glaze. Just 1 will yield a thicker glaze. I used two tablespoons as I wanted a more orange-y flavor and the glaze was more runny and tasted great chilled from the fridge.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g