Cranberry cream cheese muffins with glaze. The perfect fall and winter treat with fresh seasonal cranberries. Make this your Christmas morning breakfast!
These cranberry cream cheese muffins are a delicious and healthier treat for winter time!
I made another batch of these delicious muffins yesterday and everyone who tries them cannot get enough.
Tangy cranberries and a pillowy soft muffin topped with sweet glaze.
It’s heaven in every bite!
how to make cranberry cream cheese muffins
In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until fluffy.
Add vanilla extract, sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, coconut oil, and olive oil and beat until well combined.
Add eggs and beat well until mixed.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
Add the dry mixture to the wet, until just combined.
Fold in cranberries using a rubber spatula.
Line two muffin tins with a total of 24 muffin liners.
I personally use parchment paper muffin liners and love that they do not stick at all!
Bake at 350 degrees for 24-26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean
In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and milk and whisk to form a glaze.
Drizzle over muffins and enjoy!
Cranberries are one of those classic fall/winter foods that are so popular but seem difficult to cook with.
I used to be intimidated by using fresh cranberries until I made my homemade cranberry sauce.
Then I just couldn’t get enough of how fresh and deliciously tangy it was.
Cranberries are one of my favorite winter flavors now!
I wanted to create a healthier muffin using cream cheese and fresh cranberries for a delicious breakfast (or dessert) that wasn’t full of bad ingredients that would leave me feeling bad afterwards.
These muffins are made using whole wheat pastry flour which gives them a deliciously light and fluffy texture.
They are insanely soft and practically melt in your mouth.
By no means are these extremely healthy, but they are made with enough lighter ingredients to make them more balanced while still being sweet.
They are not overly sweet, and are filled with bites of fresh tangy cranberries.
The sugar glaze on the top adds just the right amount of sweet to counterbalance the tartness of the cranberries.
These seriously taste like something straight out of a bakery.
Your family will be begging you to make more of these!
These are officially my “Christmas morning muffins.”
If you want a simple and delicious recipe to dig into before you open Christmas presents, this is it!
Try these this year for a delightful (and healthy-ish) snack or sweet treat for your loved ones to enjoy (if you don’t eat the whole batch yourself, that is!)
More Cranberry Recipes
- White Chocolate Cranberry Eggnog Bread
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cranberry Blueberry Crisp
- White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Apple Crisp
- Healthy Cranberry Orange Muffins
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Be sure to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite
Want to save this recipe for later? Click HERE to pin it!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Cranberry Cream Cheese Muffins Recipe:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla extract, sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, coconut oil, and olive oil until well combined
- Add eggs and beat well
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt
- Add the dry mixture to the wet, until just combined
- Fold in cranberries
- Pour into a greased muffin tin (or into muffin liners) and fill to 3/4 of the way full
- Bake at 350 degrees for 24-26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and milk and whisk to form a glaze
- Drizzle over muffins while hot
- Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days, or in the fridge for a week
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g