Healthy homemade magic shell recipe made with just 3 ingredients!
When I was a little kid, I remember Magic Shell as one of my favorite desserts.
It was so fun to pour it out and watch it harden into chocolate deliciousness on my ice cream!
I bet we went through quite a lot of that stuff between my 3 brothers and me.
Today I’m sharing my own way to make healthy (and dairy free) homemade magic shell recipe.
It’s only 3 ingredients that you probably already have!
All you need is: dairy free chocolate chips or chunks, coconut oil, and peanut butter.
I personally love adding in peanut butter because 1) who doesn’t love chocolate + peanut butter?! and 2) it keeps the shell from tasting too much like coconut oil.
Add the three ingredients to a bowl and melt in 20-30 second increments until totally smooth.
Pour over ice cream and you have your very own magic shell!
I feel like a kid again when I eat this.
This recipe is one of our favorites and we make it all the time for a quick little dessert.
Perfect on ice cream, milkshakes, or pretty much any frozen dessert!
Did you love magic shell growing up? Let me know in the comments below!
More chocolate desserts I love:
- Vegan Chocolate Sea Salt Pretzel Bark
- Healthy Vegan Reese’s Cups
- Dark Chocolate Almond Bark
- No Bake Peanut Butter Truffles
- Healthy Double Chocolate Milkshake
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Click below to pin this Homemade Magic Shell Recipe:
Homemade Magic Shell Recipe
- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 tablespoon all natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and microwave until completely melted, checking and stirring every 20-30 seconds.
- Serve poured over ice cream or frozen dessert of choice