This pimento cheese ball is so easy to make! Homemade pimento cheese dip is formed into a ball and rolled in pecans. Serve with crackers for an irresistible appetizer!
While pimento cheese is typically seen in sandwiches, this time we are making it into an addicting appetizer!
Pimento cheese is made out of cream cheese, cheddar, mayo, pimento peppers, and spices. To turn it into a cheese ball, we roll it in chopped pecan pieces.
This is such a fun twist on a classic cheese ball recipe.
Ingredients to make a pimento cheese ball
- pimento peppers: jarred & drained
- extra sharp cheddar: freshly grated
- cream cheese
- garlic powder, onion powder & salt
- pecan pieces
How to make a pimento cheese ball
Step 1: grate 8 oz of extra sharp yellow cheddar cheese by hand. I always recommend grating your own cheese whenever possible. It really makes a difference in the flavor!
Step 2: beat the softened cream cheese and the sharp cheddar cheese together.
Step 3: Add the pimento peppers, mayo, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
Use a rubber spatula to combine.
Step 4: Cover the pimento cheese ball filling and place in the fridge for at least one hour, or overnight.
This makes the cheese ball a lot easier to handle once it has hardened up.
Step 5: Once the cheese has chilled, remove it from the fridge. Lightly oil your hands using cooking spray or olive oil and form the cheese ball into a circular shape.
Step 6: Roll the cheese ball in the pecan pieces, moving it around to cover all sides.
Cover and chill the ball until you are ready to serve it.
What to serve with a cheese ball
My favorite way to serve a cheese ball is with salted buttery ritz crackers. Those are my favorite! But a variety of crackers is a good choice for your guests to choose.
You can also serve with celery pieces or other veggies of choice.
More easy appetizers
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon jarred diced pimento peppers, drained
- 8 oz extra sharp yellow cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Beat the softened cream cheese and sharp cheddar cheese together
- Add the drained pimento peppers, mayo, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Use a rubber spatula to combine
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least one hour to chill
- Once chilled, oil your hands and form the cheese mixture into a ball shape.
- Roll the pimento cheese ball in pecans
- Serve with crackers
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 - 5 days
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g