This healthy pumpkin banana bread recipe is made with greek yogurt and other wholesome ingredients. A delicious pumpkin bread made without any oil or butter and naturally sweetened!
Today I’m back with another pumpkin recipe!
This pumpkin banana bread has all of those lovely fall flavors, but made with healthy ingredients!
Pumpkin banana bread is great for a snack, breakfast, or even dessert.
We love baking up this healthy treat every fall.
Banana bread is a favorite of mine, so I decided to make a fall themed version.
how to make healthy pumpkin banana bread
This healthy pumpkin bread is made with greek yogurt and naturally sweetened!
It is made with whole wheat flour and is oil free.
Simple, wholesome ingredients make this pumpkin bread both healthy and delicious.
Ingredients to make pumpkin banana bread
- plain nonfat greek yogurt
- pure maple syrup
- mashed bananas
- canned pumpkin
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice
- whole wheat pastry flour
Maple syrup, greek yogurt, and canned pumpkin add the moistness to this recipe without the use of butter or oil.
I love making desserts like this one as they are healthy enough to eat as a snack or for breakfast!
If you have read my blog before, you know that my son Crosby can be a very picky eater.
He is a little string bean that doesn’t really care to sit still long enough to eat.
I gave Crosby a bite of this bread and he loved it so much he ate more than half of a big piece in one sitting.
I’m calling that a mom win! 🙌🏻
If you’re like me, you’ll love this bread served cold straight from the fridge.
If you’re like my husband, you will love it warmed up with butter smeared over the top.
Either way it’s delicious.
Snacks are a weak point for me.
If I don’t have a healthy snack prepped ahead I will usually just grab something packaged.
Recipes like this one (or my pumpkin cream cheese swirl muffins) are perfect as a grab and go snack when I need one.
This bread lasted exactly two days in our house before it was all gone!
I am a self proclaimed bread lover and this one does not disappoint.
There’s just something so satisfying about eating a big slice of bread, am I right?
Homemade bread makes your house smell amazing!
If I haven’t convinced you yet, I will add that this recipe is made in just ONE bowl.
Simple, healthy, and oh so delicious.
Hungry for more fun and healthy pumpkin recipes?
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- Mini Vegan Pumpkin Pies
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Cookies
- Skinny Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cake
Be sure to follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious vegan and vegetarian recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Healthy Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas (around 2 medium sized bananas)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- Add all ingredients except flour to a large bowl and whisk until well combined
- Add flour and whisk or stir until just combined (do not overmix)
- Pour batter into a greased loaf baking dish
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Store in the fridge
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 352mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 7gSugar: 17gProtein: 12g