This healthy pumpkin banana bread recipe is made with greek yogurt. A delicious pumpkin bread made without any oil or butter and naturally sweetened!
This healthy pumpkin banana bread is a fall treat that must be on your baking list.
Made with greek yogurt (protein!) and no oil (thanks banana!), this pumpkin banana bread not only tastes delicious, but is good for you too. It’s one of my favorite healthy pumpkin recipes, along with pumpkin energy balls.
Pumpkin banana bread is great for a snack, breakfast, or even dessert.
While I love a good classic piece of classic Pumpkin Bread, sometimes you just need something that is a little lighter to satisfy that morning pumpkin sweet tooth!
Banana bread is a favorite in our house, so I decided to make a fall themed version.
Ingredients to make healthy pumpkin banana bread
- plain nonfat greek yogurt
- pure maple syrup
- canned pumpkin
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice
- whole wheat pastry flour or all purpose flour
How to make Pumpkin Banana Bread without oil
Step 1: Add the greek yogurt, maple syrup, mashed banana, canned pumpkin, eggs, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon to a bowl. Whisk well to combine.
Step 2: Add flour and stir until just combined (do not over mix)
Step 3: Bake the pumpkin banana bread at 350 degrees for 40 – 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Maple syrup, greek yogurt, and canned pumpkin add the moistness to this recipe without the use of butter or oil.
You wouldn’t even guess that this was made using healthier swaps.
Can I use a different flour?
Yes! You should easily be able to substitute regular flour or an equal amount of cup for cup gluten free flour.
Can this pumpkin banana bread be made into muffins?
Yes! Just use parchment paper liners, or spray regular ones with cooking spray.
Bake for around 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Can I add chocolate chips to this recipe?
That sounds like a delicious addition!
Some mini ones sprinkled on top too would be so good.
This bread lasted exactly two days in our house before it was all gone!
There’s just something so satisfying about eating a big slice of bread, am I right?
Homemade bread makes your house smell amazing!
If I haven’t convinced you yet, I will add that this recipe is made in just ONE bowl.
Simple, healthy, and oh so delicious.
More Pumpkin Recipes
Hungry for more fun and healthy pumpkin recipes?
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Cookies
- Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- ⅓ cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup mashed bananas (around 2 medium sized bananas)
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat pastry flour or all purpose flour
- Add greek yogurt, maple syrup, mashed banana, canned pumpkin, eggs, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon to a bowl.
- Whisk well to combine.
- Add flour and stir until just combined (do not over mix)
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan
- Bake the pumpkin banana bread at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 6gSugar: 14gProtein: 9g