This pumpkin cream pie recipe is a delicious whipped no bake version of the classic favorite pumpkin pie. Try this for Thanksgiving this year!
This pumpkin cream pie is delicious!
It just isn’t Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie, and this no bake pumpkin pie just might be your new favorite recipe!
This is a fun take on the classic pumpkin pie, made with a creamy whipped cream cheese pumpkin filling.
Whipped cream pies so light and fluffy and no bake which is great for saving space in the oven. For the holidays we love this whipped pumpkin pie, oreo pie, pecan cream pie, and no bake peanut butter pie.
Be warned though! Once you try a whipped pumpkin pie you will find it irresistible. So creamy smooth and sweet, it’s definitely one of my top favorite pumpkin recipes.
Ingredients to make pumpkin cream pie
- ready made graham cracker pie crust: no need to bake a pie crust, this recipe uses a ready to go pie crust
- cream cheese
- canned pumpkin: not pumpkin pie filling
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice
- heavy cream: to make the homemade whipped cream filling
- brown sugar
How to make no bake pumpkin pie
Step 1: Add the heavy cream to a large mixing bowl. Use mixers to beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside the whipped cream.
Step 2: In a separate bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and pumpkin and mix again.
Beat in the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice until smooth.
Step 3: Combine the pumpkin cream cheese filling with the homemade whipped cream.
You can either use the mixers, or a rubber spatula and mix by hand. Once combined, it should look fluffy and creamy like the picture below.
Step 4: Transfer the whipped pumpkin pie filling into the graham cracker pie crust.
Use a rubber spatula to smooth the top of the pie out.
How long to chill pumpkin cream pie
Step 5: Cover the pumpkin cream pie and place in the fridge. I prefer to leave the pie overnight, but you need to chill for at least 3-4 hours before cutting into it.
This is a great Thanksgiving dessert that you can easily make ahead of time. Simply make it a day or two before Thanksgiving dinner and store in the fridge until it’s dessert time!
If you aren’t crazy about traditional pumpkin pie you need to try this! There is something so addictive about homemade whipped no bake pies and they have quickly become some of my favorite easy no bake desserts.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Pumpkin Cream Pie FAQs
No. Canned pumpkin contains just one ingredient: pumpkin. Pumpkin pie filling is sweetened and has added spices.
Yes! This is a great make ahead dessert and is better if chilled overnight in the fridge. You can easily make this the day before and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
Leftover pumpkin pie can be stored covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
You have to try this whipped pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving!
- 9 oz graham pie crust
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ⅓ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Add the heavy cream to a mixing bowl and beat with mixers until stiff peaks form
- In a separate bowl, beat the softened cream cheese. Add the vanilla extract and pumpkin and mix again. Beat in the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice
- Fold the whipped heavy cream into the pumpkin mixture until combined and smooth
- Pour the whipped pumpkin pie filling into the graham cracker pie crust. Smooth the top out using the rubber spatula
- Chill the pumpkin cream pie in the fridge for 2-4+ hours, preferably overnight, before cutting to allow it to set
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 499Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 344mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 7g